Offline cool34000

• +0/-0
[HOW TO] Install eGroupWare on SME 7.x
« Reply #75 on: April 16, 2007, 08:39:58 PM »
Hi!

You have no pb here!
Checking extension mysql is loaded or loadable: True
Checking extension pgsql is loaded or loadable: False
The pgsql extension is needed, if you plan to use a pgSQL database.
Checking extension odbc is loaded or loadable: False
The odbc extension is needed, if you plan to use a MaxDB, MsSQL or Oracle database.
Checking extension oci8 is loaded or loadable: False
The oci extension is needed, if you plan to use a Oracle database.

Your server must use one of the 4 db engine supported by eGroupWare!
mysql support is enough! :D

Offline imcintyre

• +0/-0
« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2007, 09:33:30 PM »
Thx;

I am struggling with the blank screen problem that others mentioned earlier in the postings. I will have a look and see how far I get.

Offline imcintyre

• +0/-0
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2007, 04:39:27 PM »
I have done a bit more work re the blank screen episode;
1) I followed cfmunsters posts
To solve the problem, I accessed the server command-line and used vi to edit /opt/egroupware/html/header.inc.php. I had to change these lines:

but I found that this file was completely empty.

I decided to start over again so I deleted the folder /opt/egroupware. I ran the egroupware.sh again. I do not get any errors but now I don't even get to the set up page.

So probably something is wrong with the sh file or the other two. I downloaded everything from the zip file that was posted about halfway through by rkscscc. Do these files still have the errors in them? Is there a checksum for it?

Thanks for any help you can lend.

Ian

Offline cool34000

• +0/-0
« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2007, 05:34:10 PM »
Hi !

I've done a lot of tests and I was never able to reproduce the extra character pb or the blank screen pb... This is really strange!

There are no errors in this file, I don't know why, maybe while dezipping or at download stage (binary vs ASCII) some of you get this error!

I would be curious to know how you download/unzip the file...
Here's my way: download the .zip file under windows, extract the downloaded files on my desktop, upload them using winscp and finaly launch the script with putty.

Infotip: If you want to reinstall eGroupWare, you also have to drop egroupware database!
I suggest you phpmyadmin to do that. Search for this contrib on this forum if you don't already have it.
The user shouldn't have to be deleted as the password is changed (this means the password also change for eGroupWare setup...)
The template is overwritten so no need to delete it.
Finaly, in some case you could need to delete cookies cache in your browser:
that happened to me once while I was testing and it was messing up the authentification just after install. It was trying to connect with the old cookie (not using the same password) and finaly it blacklisted me for 30 minutes because the cookie tryed more than 3 times to reconnect automatically :lol: I search a long time before understanding why it wasn't working anymore!
I hate cookies!!! :evil: lol

Also by the way, you cleaned the extra character in the script but did you checked the template ?

Offline imcintyre

• +0/-0
« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2007, 06:12:48 PM »
Hi, thx for quick response.

I used winzip to extract into C: and then pscp to move over onto server.

I could not see an extra character at the end  of egroupware.sh, but when I "arrowed" thru, I was able to go past the end of the line. I backspaced, tried again and it ran without errors.

I will follow the rest of your advice at home tonight.

One more pertinent item is that I tried this on an extra pc, not the one acting as my gateway/server. This machine is in server mode only. I was reluctant to screw up my main machine.  I used the same domain name for it but a different server name. Is there some reason that I cannot use the local address i.e.192.168.***.***.

Thx in advance

Ian

Offline cool34000

• +0/-0
« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2007, 06:35:59 PM »
Hi.

You can even use IP or your server name, this should be the same.

Try to delete database, I'm pretty sure this is it.
If it isn't enough, clean cookie cache... Else... Well... Send me a plane ticket :lol:

Offline imcintyre

• +0/-0
« Reply #81 on: April 17, 2007, 07:53:31 PM »
I'll give it a try and let you know.

Re the plane ticket, you obviously haven't been watching the weather. Global warming my a$$!

Offline imcintyre

• +0/-0
« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2007, 11:41:28 PM »
I was up until about 01:30 trying to get this going on test server but it would not happen,

Tried today on "production" and worked perfectly. I think the problem was around the local addressing and website names for my "server mode" only test machine.

Thx for help.

Offline cool34000

• +0/-0
« Reply #83 on: April 19, 2007, 12:08:52 AM »
Hi !

Quote from: "imcintyre"
Tried today on "production" and worked perfectly
Very good :D

Quote from: "imcintyre"
I think the problem was around the local addressing and website names
If you look at my howto for the setup stage in the first page of this post, the only fields refering to your domain name are:
Database instance (eGW domain) : mydomain.com
Enter the hostname of the machine on which this server is running : mydomain.com
Have you changed those fields according to your specific config? (the server's name instead)

Offline imcintyre

• +0/-0
« Reply #84 on: April 19, 2007, 12:38:03 AM »
Yes, well at least I tried. I used the local address in both cases because my production server has the domain name but there is nothing that I saw to specify server1 or server2 in the https://mydomain.com/egroupware.

So I ended up putting the 192.168.***.*** into both places. I think then there may have been a conflict with the variables where localhost was the correct answer. I think I posted the error I received last night but either I messed it up or it was removed(?). Anyways I can post again tonight when I get home.

I had tried 4 or 5 times and I got worn down by the experience. I figured that this could be the problem and the only solution was to try on production server. Besides, I was becoming rather adept at removing it.

I also made up a small how to for noobs like me to install phpmyadmin contrib which I will post later, it is probably child's play for others but I couldn't find any directions anywhere. Besides deleting databases, what else is it for? Couldn't I have just as easily gone into the directories and deleted the database?

Offline cool34000

• +0/-0
« Reply #85 on: April 19, 2007, 01:02:48 AM »
Re !

Well then I guess you should try proxypass, maybe that's the solution to run it in that specific config...
I don't use it myself but you should find some help over google or even here.

About phpmyadmin, before posting your howto, see this
Don't know if you're using this dmay's version anyway...

phpmyadmin is just an easy web interface to mysql.
You can create, modify or delete users
You can create, modify or delete databases
You can import or export your databases (i.e. for backup purpose !)
...and more...
Please keep this rpm up to date as security issues are found from time to time (and/or close its access from the outside, especially if you don't need it)

Offline imcintyre

• +0/-0
« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2007, 01:32:35 AM »
Yes I am using dmays contrib and I searched everywhere for a how to but could not find. I ended up using rpm to install but wasn't exactly sure how to go about...

I do not have it on my production server and I don't have access without vpn to my network to get at test. The whole database thing is is beyond me at the moment so I will keep it that way.

Thx

Holmgreen

« Reply #87 on: April 19, 2007, 01:14:10 PM »
Quote from: "cola29"

Code: [Select]
[root@server ~]# sh egroupware.sh
: command not found 2:
: command not found 3:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Installation of eGroupWare (public access, automatic https redirection)...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
: command not found 7:
: command not found 8:
: command not found 10:
: command not found 11:
Generating password...
egroupware.sh: line 98: syntax error: unexpected end of file

I was fighting the exact same problem, but found the solution late last night:

I was using the vi-editor in putty to edit the files as instructed in this guide, and i swear by my family grave, that i removed all unattended spaces in all files. So i was rather puzzled that it didn't work - right up 'till the point where i installed winscp and opened the files in notepad. There it was... the space character in the very end of the file: egroupware.sh.

So... for those of you who are struggling with the same error and can't get it to work: Try another editor. Try Notepad. I had such high thoughts of the vi-editor and practically no good to say about Notepad - now i have to rethink my priorities... darn it  :wink:

And one last thing:
I can't thank you enough Cool34000, for the guide and for all the help you have done in this threat. I know it takes a lot of time, and hopefully you know that many of us would never have been able to get this to work, without you helping us. Thank you pal :D

Offline imcintyre

• +0/-0
« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2007, 04:06:29 PM »
Somebody made the comment that it might have something to do with the unzipping.

I never did see the squares at the end of each line. I opened with vi, pico and notepade. My original error was that the *.sh would not run, error at line 97. I used pico to open it and did not see any characters. I went to last line which was one line below the last row of code (started with echo as I recall), backspaced once, saved and away I went.

I used winzip to unzip the *.sh file. I did get the error you mentioned here but it was set up related.

Offline imcintyre

• +0/-0
« Reply #89 on: April 20, 2007, 06:26:11 PM »
I am trying to figure this out at the Egroupware site but I was curious if anybody else has the problems of the alarms not working for calendar events. I have set them properly as there is an icon in the meeting that looks like a bell but no sound or flashing lights.

any comments?