Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

phpmyadmin

asjunk

phpmyadmin
« on: January 04, 2007, 02:16:58 AM »
This is probably an incredibly stupid question.

I'm getting ready to upgrade to SME Server 7.0 from 6.0.  I'm trying to use phpmyadmin to backup all the mysql databases (in particular, my Gallery installs, which have hundreds of pics of my family that I don't want to lose).  

Using Nightspirit's phpmyadmin contrib, when I try to backup the databases, it starts displaying the binary zip file as text, rather than prompting me to save the zip file to a local drive.  Obviously I need to save the file to a local drive in order to get them backed up and off the server, in preparation for upgrading to 7.0.

Is there an updated phpmyadmin contrib (or simple directions on how to upgrade phpmyadmin -- the ones on the phpmyadmin site are helpful only if you can actually figure out where the various directories are supposed to be, and I am not nearly that smart).

Thanks!

Offline christian

• +0/-0
    • http://www.szpilfogel.com
phpmyadmin
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 03:26:16 AM »
I can't answer your question directly. But what I do from time to time is backup my g2data directory and then use the command line backup method for the mysql database as described in the Gallery web docs.

It's a good idea to back this up just in case as I know organizing the stuff again would be a crazy task.

Note I did a 6.1 to 7.1 upgrade last Sunday and the Gallery2 stuff (including Mysql) survived the upgrade. Mind you I used the "CopyFromDisk" methodology which is essentially a restore.

The only hicup was that my g2data directory had the ownership changed which made gallery throw an error. If you get an error due to permissions double check this. It is easy to change back with chown (if necessary).

Best of luck.
SME since 2003