Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Spamassassin & Fetchmail

Offline micropitt

• +0/-0
Spamassassin & Fetchmail
« on: December 21, 2006, 06:55:02 PM »
Hi all,
I'm using SME 6.5 with the Spamassassin contrib installed. As long I had a direct connection to my server and running SMTP in normal mode Spamassassin did scan all incoming e-mails. I had to change the e-mail setup (for security reason the server now is integrated in a internal network and connections to port 25 from the outside are not possible) and now use Multidrop. The server will poll 1 outside pop account and then distribute the e-mails to the local users which is working fine. However, the e-mails are no longer scanned by Spamassassin which increased the level of received Spam e-mail. I'm now banging my head for days against the wall and can't figure out why Spamassassin does not scan the incoming e-mails. I'm not sure if I have to modify the fetchmail script? I would be thankful for any hint, tip or idea.

Offline micropitt

• +0/-0
Spamassassin & Fetchmail
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 04:30:55 AM »
Ok, I'm one step closer in solving this issue. I found out that in the user .procmailrc file the following entree is missing and mail does not get routed to spamassassin.

# ----------------------------------------------------------------------
# Route email to SpamAssassin Router
# The condition line ensures that only messages smaller than 250 kB
# (250 * 1024 = 256000 bytes) are processed by SpamAssassin. Most spam
# isn't bigger than a few k and working with big messages can bring
# SpamAssassin to its knees.
# ----------------------------------------------------------------------
:0fw
* < 256000
| /usr/bin/spamc

The question now is how do i make this entree in the users procmailrc file permanent?

Offline Knuddi

• +0/-0
    • http://www.scanmailx.com
Spamassassin & Fetchmail
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 03:27:16 PM »
You need to create a template for this. Place it in /etc/e-smith/templates-user/.procmailrc - here you should be able to see others to learn from.

Offline micropitt

• +0/-0
Spamassassin & Fetchmail
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 04:40:09 AM »
You mean a template like 10Header? What number should I give that template? Something between 11 and 14 maybe, since that entree should be on the top in procmailrc? But there are always 2 templates with the same number: 10_spamfilter_header and then 10header. I did create one and named it 12enable but it didn't do anything.

Offline Knuddi

• +0/-0
    • http://www.scanmailx.com
Spamassassin & Fetchmail
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 08:11:38 PM »
If you have the user-manager contrib installed then you can enter as a registered user and re-active procmail under mail rules. This way the template system will be re-run using your template.

Offline micropitt

• +0/-0
Spamassassin & Fetchmail
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 08:30:02 PM »
Still doesn't work. Do you happen to have an example of how the spamassassin templates should look like in the original? What exactly should be there in user-templates/procmailrc?