Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Issues viewing a php based website through SME Server

Offline f21970

• +0/-0
« on: November 17, 2006, 07:20:13 PM »
Hiya,
This little problem could be a configuration problem anywhere I guess, but thought I'd ask for help here as it seems to occur when I'm viewing my newly created Moodle site up there on the big www through the SME Server (v6.5), but all is hunky dory when I bypass the SME Server.  The issue is that when I'm viewing through the SME Server:
1. The templates are not applied (looks like php is not being processed correctly?)
2. Because Moodle drops the www bit off the URL, site comes up as a 404

As I say, when I bypass the SME server & go directly out, all is fine, and everything appears normally, all pages are found, etc. Also tried going through an old historic v5.6 sme server too - exactly the same result.

Any ideas guys?

I know this problem doesn't seem to be any big shakes, but the problem is that I'm running Dansguardian & putting the kids at the school I work at through the SME server, but also need them to be able to work on Moodle....

BTW, the version of php on the webhost is v4 - could this be anything to do with it?

Amanda

Offline f21970

• +0/-0
Anyone have any ideas? It's driving me nuts!!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 01:24:43 PM »
Hi guys,
This little problem is driving me nuts!
The URL is www.standishchs.wigan.sch.uk/moodle - as I say, it's fine when bypassing the SME server, but comes out as garbage when going through it - can't login when going through SME either.....
AARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!  :shock:
Cheers,
Amanda

Offline MarkR

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 04:57:16 PM »
i also the this problem with a site....
 http://www.acasports.co.uk

i just comes back as a blank page
(SME6.1/Squid/Dansguardian)

Any help ideas would be much appreciated

Thanks
Mark

Offline william_syd

• +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here.
    • http://www.magicwilly.info
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 11:45:17 PM »
Do log files give any clues ?

Does DG have a log of what was blocked ?
Regards,
William

IF I give advise.. It's only if it was me....

Offline MarkR

• +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 05:14:38 PM »
No clues.....

I have set the url to be an exception site in dansguardian.
http://www.acasports.co.uk/ *EXCEPTION* Exception client IP match. GET 2933

Squid Log:
1164644983.008 RELEASE -1 FFFFFFFF A3C00C488516FF26D4C9B2B49BA047E9  200 1164644982        -1 375007920 text/html -1/5410 GET http://www.acasports.co.uk/

????????????????

Offline f21970

• +0/-0
Doesn't just happen when running Dansguardian
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 01:10:07 PM »
Hi guys,
I've tried this through a 6.01 sme server not running Dansguardian, and get the same result. No clues in the logs that I can see - perhaps somebody could give me a pointer on where to look?
Amanda

Offline william_syd

• +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here.
Re: Doesn't just happen when running Dansguardian
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 02:50:29 AM »
Quote from: "f21970"
Hi guys,
I've tried this through a 6.01 sme server not running Dansguardian,
Amanda

If it fails with a stock standard SME, then I would take it to the bug tracker.
Regards,
William

Offline f21970

• +0/-0
Bug Tracker
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 04:28:55 PM »
Hi William.
I wonder if folks viewing through SME 7 get the same problem? If so, then I'll take it to the bug tracker, but if it's a problem affecting 6 and below, then I guess there's no point because we should all be going to 7 soon enough...

Can anybody view www.standishchs.wigan.sch.uk/moodle through v.7 and tell me if it's coming up OK?

I'd also be interested if anybody with a v.6 server can view the site and it looks ok.....may be a problem with my configuration?

Thanks for your help guys!

Amanda

Offline holck

• +1/-0
Re: Bug Tracker
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 08:14:09 PM »
Hi William.
I wonder if folks viewing through SME 7 get the same problem? If so, then I'll take it to the bug tracker, but if it's a problem affecting 6 and below, then I guess there's no point because we should all be going to 7 soon enough...

Can anybody view www.standishchs.wigan.sch.uk/moodle through v.7 and tell me if it's coming up OK?

I'd also be interested if anybody with a v.6 server can view the site and it looks ok.....may be a problem with my configuration?

Thanks for your help guys!

Amanda

I have no problems with that site. I use a SME 6.01 (including Squid) as server for a small LAN, and run Linux and Firefox on my PC.

Offline f21970

• +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2006, 02:17:30 PM »
Thanks Holck,
Don't suppose anybody running sme 6.01 with a windows client and IE6 could try for me could they?  Then it will pretty much mirror my setup & can (hopefully!) spot if it's a local configuration issue....
Cheers,
Amanda

Offline william_syd

• +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here.
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2006, 12:00:53 AM »
Thanks Holck,
Don't suppose anybody running sme 6.01 with a windows client and IE6 could try for me could they?  Then it will pretty much mirror my setup & can (hopefully!) spot if it's a local configuration issue....
Cheers,
Amanda

Hmm.. have you tried Firefox ?
Regards,
William

Offline f21970

• +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2006, 10:39:31 AM »
Hiya William, I have tried Firefox, but just get a blank screen back using that....
Also, don't much want to go through the installation of Firefox on 300 pc's in school at the moment! lol
Amanda

Offline prepostra

• +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2006, 06:00:25 AM »
Hi,

Thanks Holck,
Cheers,
Amanda

It looked fine IE 6 (uptodate patches) Win XP, logged into sme 6.01 server.

I would send you a screen shot but it wouldn't stick.

A few thoughts:
If you right click on the blank page that is returned and click on "View Source" is there anything on there at all?

Open a ssh terminal session into the sme server and try tailing the logs. while you go to the site
eg " tail -f  /var/log/squid/access.local " and then try browsing to the offnding site.

This should show you whether or not the request is being processed and what is coming back.

thatch
I dont know if this is of any help but good luck