Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

FuzzyOcr

Offline uniqsys

• +0/-0
FuzzyOcr
« on: June 17, 2007, 12:29:42 AM »
Does anyone know what happened to FuzzyOcr?
I just tried a server install using
yum --enablerepo=smetest install FuzzyOcr

and it returned "nothing to do".

I have installed FuzzyOcr on other servers and it has worked very well. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Offline slords

• +3/-0
FuzzyOcr
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 01:38:39 AM »
Don't ever depend on packages being in a specific repo.  Howto's that are written against smedev, smetest, etc. are sure to be broken when packages are moved/removed.  

These are exactly what they say they are, development and testing repos.  Most of the time they will contain semi-stable code but some times they contain code that will break your system.  Packages might also be removed.

However in this case the packages that are getting ready to be part of 7.2 that have been verified (which FuzzyOcr has) have been moved to smeupdates-testing.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs,
and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." -- Rich Cook

Offline uniqsys

• +0/-0
FuzzyOcr
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 06:46:44 PM »
Thanks for the advice.  That was helpful. I was only following the contribs' instructions which I had used before and had not seen anything about the contrib becoming ready for a new release.

By the way, how would I know (for future reference) that dev items change from "smetest" to "smeupdates-testing" for example.  Is there a policy in place for this?  Or an index of items with dates of transfer for instance?  Essentially, how would one track this sort of thing so we don't load up the forums with posts such as this one?