Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

[Announce] Horde 3.1.x RPM's

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
Re: [Announce] Horde 3.1.x RPM's
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2008, 04:31:51 AM »
I tried to reply to your post, but the code sections were blank, curious.  Anyway, when you do this:
Code: [Select]
config setprop horde SharedAddressBooks enabled

You then need to do this:
Code: [Select]
signal-event email-update

Which adds this -  'use_shares' => true,  - under the //40LocalSQL section.  To now share an address book, you need to login to webmail, address book, you should notice a new icon - My Address Books.  Create an address book, then assign permissions.  If you really want to use groups, then you will need to create those groups via the horde admin section and add your users.  It is pretty tedious to do at the moment, and may be getter if the distro moves to using LDAP for authentication as I believe horde can then be set up to query LDAP for all user and group info.  But, that haven't been testing or confirmed by me.

John

Offline Agent86

• +0/-0
    • http://www.iclbiz.com
« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2008, 02:06:32 PM »
Hi mrjhb3,
Thanks for the reply.

I'm not getting a My Address Books Icon, I may have to update.
I checked my server manager and it shows version 7.1 but not 7.1.1 etc. so perhaps thats the problem ??

I'm not sure how to confirm my server version other then what it says in the server manager.

Anyhow here is my screen shot:
Located at: http://www.iclbiz.com/steve/horde1.png

Any other pointers would be great, basically I want a few people to be able to see my addressbook. and notes etc. similar to a groupware or similar to ACT would work. Basically a central company addressbook. Which I think this horde feature will do it for me if I can get it working.

Thanks for the help
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 02:10:16 PM by Agent86 »

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2008, 02:20:44 PM »
Agent86, you could be running the 2.0 version of turba instead of the 2.1 version.  If so, then you would need to follow the old instructions.  I don't have a 7.1 server to test with, but I believe turba 2.1 was released with SME 7.2.  We are now at SME 7.3 is there any reason that you can't upgrade?

John

Offline Agent86

• +0/-0
« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2008, 04:59:01 PM »
Hi Thanks

No there is no reason I can't upgrade,

I need to do this and had thought that I had this check for automatic upgrades, but it's never really worked that way.

I wonder if it may be simpler for me to backup and save, then do a fresh install of 7.3 and then restore ??

Then reinstall my contribs etc.

Anyhow you could be right about this, I'll try the old method for now and then perhaps do an upgrade this weekend.

I could not find the files I need to edit so I'll have to hunt those down also.

Thanks again for the help.

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2008, 01:14:28 AM »
I would download the 7.3 ISO and upgrade that way instead of trying to use yum.  You will have less chance of running into issues.  If you want to use yum, then you need to make sure you read the wiki on how to upgrade for 7.1.  After you get upgraded if you still have issues, then re-post.

John

Offline Agent86

• +0/-0
« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2008, 01:53:56 AM »
Thanks

I'm burning the iso as I post.

And I'm guessing I can simply select upgrade as listed in the wiki etc.

I am wondering about my data for the upgrade, such as my contribs and joomla etc.

I will want to back this up just incase I have to do a fresh install, but I'm not sure how to backup because I have over 10 gigs of stuff to save, and I don't have a tape drive.

Also for some reason my drive size does not seem to be as large as it's suppose to be. I have 2)60 gig drives and when I installed the disk usage contrib, I only seem to have a 37gb drive for some reason.

Thats another topic though, and one reason why I'm still considering a fresh installation.

Thanks again, I do believe this is why I can't share my addressbook I most likely need an update
I'll post back once I try a few things.
Thanks again.

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2008, 03:32:34 AM »
Yes, I would back up my server before proceeding.  I purchased a DLT8000 drive from ebay for $150.  I back up about 30GB every night and it has been reliable for me.  Just another two cents from me.

JB

Offline Agent86

• +0/-0
« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2008, 05:33:32 AM »
It's a shame, I was not sure if those would work on SME I sold several of those on ebay myself LOL

Thanks