Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

[beta] e-smith-backup with dar

Offline jpl

• +0/-0
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2007, 07:56:57 AM »
1. Copy /etc/e-smith/templates/etc/dar/DailyBackup.dcf/40go-into to /etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/dar/DailyBackup.dcf/40go-into

2. make your adds in /etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/dar/DailyBackup.dcf/40go-into

3. expand /etc/dar/DailyBackup.dcf

Offline k0r54

• +0/-0
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2007, 11:57:35 PM »
Hi

marceld, had the problem:
I use an usbdisk, mounted at /media/usbdisk. I can access the disk without problems, but when the backup started my normal disk started to fill up, until the system crashed.

I have exactly the same problem, although when I try to mount the the tmp_dir is says it dont exist.

Why does it do this? is there a way to stop it because what is strange is i was watchin the usb drive and it appeared to increase in size so i dont think it does it after them all.

Thanks
k0r54

Offline marceld

• +0/-0
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2007, 07:02:36 AM »
Because my system crashed (HDD full) I searched where the .dar files were. They were in tmp_dir: normally the backup program will probably erase the dir when finished, but because the process ended abnormally it was still there on my system.

What I don't understand in your post: did your HDD fill up or your usb disk? And did you succeed making a backup to the usbdisk?

Regards

Marcel

Offline k0r54

• +0/-0
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2007, 11:16:22 AM »
Hi,

No the backup did not succeed and it was my hdd that was full not the usb. The usb has plenty of space.

When i rebooted the server though it did come back to life fine but its just the backup did not finish.

Thanks
k0r54

Offline hordeusr

• +0/-0
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2007, 04:18:21 PM »
When doing a selective restore of a folder I get:
Error while calling execvp:Argument list too long

and the restore doesn't work....Any ideas?
thanks,

crackerboy

« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2007, 11:47:13 AM »
How do you do so you dont have to mount the usb disk every time the backup is running  before i reinstalled SME it was working fine but cant find anymore

i did this db configuration setprop /mnt and reconfigured so we will see if that did the trick

Offline jpl

• +0/-0
« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2007, 09:33:50 PM »
With new 2.6.9-55 SME kernel,  cifs support in e-smith-backup with dar should now be correct.

Older SME kernels had bug in cifs.

Now e-smith-with dar fully support backups through local usb mount, smbfs, nfs and cifs.

Offline gordonallan

• +0/-0
Backup prior to upgrade
« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2007, 01:21:30 PM »
Hi

I am hoping to backup my whole server to an external USB disk, prior to upgrade to version 7. We are currently running 6.0.1 but all the backup usin dar contribs seem to be for version >7.

Is there a way to get the backup down to a USB drive before upgrade?

Thanks in advance

Gordon

Offline SoftDux

• +0/-0
    • http://www.SoftDux.com
Re: [beta] e-smith-backup with dar
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2008, 01:00:37 AM »
Can I backup installed contribs & SME updates?? Is it safe todo so? Can I run into problem when I do a full restore after a fresh installation?

Offline stephen noble

• +1/-0
    • Dungog
Re: [beta] e-smith-backup with dar
« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2008, 11:46:01 PM »
Can I backup installed contribs & SME updates??

search for what is backed up, these generally aren't
contribs can install files anywhere on the filesystem

reinstall contribs
yum update to get updates