Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

[ANNOUNCE] smeserver-dar2

Offline Snoopyski

• +0/-0
    • http://www.serviceinfosg.com
« Reply #135 on: February 05, 2007, 10:32:14 PM »
Hello Darell,

First I want to say "THANKS" for your contribs... But for ALL OF YOUR JOB DONE for the SME Server community...

I gust have a small sugestion for the Backup2 contribs...

It is possible to add a option to do a backup from Monday to Friday... Because a lot of enterprise dosen't work on weekend so why doing backup and used hardware parts (hard drive...) !!! ...

Thanks,

Snoopyski

Offline wjhobbs

• +0/-0
    • http://www.chryxus.ca
« Reply #136 on: February 05, 2007, 10:50:45 PM »
Elliott,

This is what I do:

Download the needed files into a directory on your server (I use ‘dar2’ in the ‘software’ ibay):

# cd /home/e-smith/files/ibays/software/files/dar2
# wget http://mirror.contribs.org/smeserver/contribs//dmay/smeserver/7.x/dar-2.3.2-1.i386.rpm
# wget http://mirror.contribs.org/smeserver/contribs//dmay/smeserver/7.x/smeserver-dar2-0.0.1-1dmay.noarch.rpm

Go to that directory:
# cd /home/e-smith/files/ibays/software/files/dar2

Install the packages

# yum localinstall  dar-2.3.2-1.i386.rpm smeserver-dar2-0.0.1-1dmay.noarch.rpm

and perform the signal-event post-upgrade; signal-event reboot.

John

Offline bpivk

• +0/-0
    • http://www.bezigrad.com
« Reply #137 on: February 05, 2007, 11:16:50 PM »
wjhoobs you can remove both rpm's if you want
"It should just work" if it doesn't report it. Thanks!

Offline Elliott

• +0/-0
« Reply #138 on: February 06, 2007, 04:17:59 AM »
Quote from: "wjhobbs"

Install the packages

# yum localinstall  dar-2.3.2-1.i386.rpm smeserver-dar2-0.0.1-1dmay.noarch.rpm

and perform the signal-event post-upgrade; signal-event reboot.

Thanks!
-E
Elliott

Offline raem

• +4/-0
« Reply #139 on: February 06, 2007, 07:56:13 AM »
Elliott

>..and perform the signal-event post-upgrade; signal-event reboot

When using yum to install rpms, it should not always be necessary to do a post upgrade & reboot, the rpms you are installing should expand templates and restart any required services.

By using yum, it will automatically look for and install any dependencies (other rpms) required by the rpms you are installing.

You can still use
rpm -Uvh rpmname
(in prefernce to rpm -ivh rpmname)
as long as you have all the rpms & dependencies required, preferably saved in a empty folder, and you cd to that folder and do
rpm -Uvh *.rpm

yum is particularly good when installing directly from external repositories, using the --enablerepo switch, search the forums for various examples of this, as it will take care of dependencies and download and install those as well.

eg
yum --enablerepo=reponame1 install package

http://forums.contribs.org/index.php?topic=35107.0

http://smeserver.sourceforge.net/sme7/tech/Chapter2

Offline dmajwool

• +0/-0
« Reply #140 on: February 06, 2007, 04:56:21 PM »
Quote from: "RayMitchell"
When using yum to install rpms, it should not always be necessary to do a post upgrade & reboot

Hi Ray.
Is there an easy way to determine when a post-upgrade and reboot is required, and when it is not?

Thanks, David.

Offline raem

• +4/-0
« Reply #141 on: February 06, 2007, 05:10:24 PM »
dmajwool

> Is there an easy way to determine when a post-upgrade and reboot is required, and when it is not?

As I understand it, if you are installing a specific package (rpm), then a post upgrade & reboot would usually not be necessary, the required actions are performed by the rpm.

If you are doing a major upgrade or update using yum which involves many packages being updated (especially including the kernel), then a post upgrade & reboot will definitely be required.

Offline Elliott

• +0/-0
« Reply #142 on: February 06, 2007, 05:15:18 PM »
Quote from: "RayMitchell"
dmajwool

> Is there an easy way to determine when a post-upgrade and reboot is required, and when it is not?

As I understand it, if you are installing a specific package (rpm), then a post upgrade & reboot would usually not be necessary, the required actions are performed by the rpm.

If you are doing a major upgrade or update using yum which involves many packages being updated (especially including the kernel), then a post upgrade & reboot will definitely be required.

That's some pretty key information to know that I don't remember reading anywhere. I'd say that it's the type of Q&A that an F.A.Q. should contain.

Thanks for the knowledge!

-E
Elliott

vschmidt

Dar2 jobs not running automatically? Do I need to add cron
« Reply #143 on: February 07, 2007, 03:19:32 PM »
Hello,

Although I have been running a SME server-only box since 2000, I am not a skilled linux admin - part of the appeal of SME is its relative simplicity to administer in small biz environment.

With a little effort, I have my old server recognizing a USB drive and have dar2 *working* as far as I can launch a defined backup job from the control panel, and it runs.

However, my job is defined to run every night, but it does not do so on its own.  Any ideas what I am missing here?  Do I need to add as a cron job, and if so - can someone point me in the right direction?

Thank you, and thanks to dmay for his work!

Offline Elliott

• +0/-0
Re: Dar2 jobs not running automatically? Do I need to add cr
« Reply #144 on: February 07, 2007, 03:28:48 PM »
Quote from: "vschmidt"
I have my old server recognizing a USB drive and have dar2 *working* as far as I can launch a defined backup job from the control panel, and it runs.

However, my job is defined to run every night, but it does not do so on its own.  Any ideas what I am missing here?  Do I need to add as a cron job, and if so - can someone point me in the right direction?

This might be stating the obvious but did you set the "backup Day" to something besides manual. If you want it to run every night at 11pm for example you should set the backup day to * and the backup time to 23:00

-E
Elliott

vschmidt

« Reply #145 on: February 07, 2007, 03:33:25 PM »
Quote from: "Elliott"

This might be stating the obvious but did you set the "backup Day" to something besides manual. If you want it to run every night at 11pm for example you should set the backup day to * and the backup time to 23:00

-E

That is correct - I use * for every day.

Offline dmay

• +0/-0
    • http://myezserver.com
« Reply #146 on: February 07, 2007, 08:47:32 PM »
Quote from: "vschmidt"

View /etc/crontab which should list your scheduled dar2 job.
View /var/log/messages for errors around your 23:00 scheduled start time.

Darrell

vschmidt

« Reply #147 on: February 07, 2007, 09:08:37 PM »
Quote from: "dmay"

View /etc/crontab which should list your scheduled dar2 job.
View /var/log/messages for errors around your 23:00 scheduled start time.

Darrell

I think I found it, will know tonight.  I am used to IBM time format hhmmss, but it looks like I should use hh:mm:ss here...

pnmls

« Reply #148 on: February 09, 2007, 11:19:03 PM »
Hi,
I'm having some dificulty working with dar2.
I've installed last version on sme 7.1 server and configured a full backup job  manual. However, I don't get the desired backup in my usb-disk. It is mounted and rw mode. In the /var/log/messages, I get this:
|Action|S50rewind-tape|Start|1171057152 467773|End|1171057152 593518|Elapsed|0.125745
Feb  9 21:42:25 www /etc/e-smith/web/panels/manager/cgi-bin/dar2[31264]: /home/e-smith/db/dar2: OLD backup_total=dar2|Backup|etc/e-smith/templates-custom,etc/e-smith/templates-user-custom,etc/group,etc/gshadow,etc/passwd,etc/samba/secrets.tdb,etc/samba/smbpasswd,etc/shadow,etc/smbpasswd,etc/ssh,etc/sudoers,home/e-smith,root|Compression|1|Description|backup__total|Exclude||Expiry|0|Mount|/mnt/dar2|Password|11.FZdpvs|Prune||Slice|650|Target|/dev/sdc1|Username|admin|VFSType|ext3|Verbose|off|backupDay|manual|backupTime|17:05|status|enabled
Feb  9 21:42:25 www /etc/e-smith/web/panels/manager/cgi-bin/dar2[31264]: /home/e-smith/db/dar2: NEW backup_total=dar2|Backup|etc/e-smith/templates-custom,etc/e-smith/templates-user-custom,etc/group,etc/gshadow,etc/passwd,etc/samba/secrets.tdb,etc/samba/smbpasswd,etc/shadow,etc/smbpasswd,etc/ssh,etc/sudoers,home/e-smith,root|Compression|1|Description|backup__total|Exclude||Expiry|0|Mount|/mnt/dar2|Password|11.FZdpvs|Prune||Slice|650|Target|/dev/sdc1|Username||VFSType|ext3|Verbose|off|backupDay|manual|backupTime|17:05|status|enabled
Feb  9 21:42:25 www /etc/e-smith/web/panels/manager/cgi-bin/dar2[31264]: /home/e-smith/db/dar2: OLD backup_total=dar2|Backup|etc/e-smith/templates-custom,etc/e-smith/templates-user-custom,etc/group,etc/gshadow,etc/passwd,etc/samba/secrets.tdb,etc/samba/smbpasswd,etc/shadow,etc/smbpasswd,etc/ssh,etc/sudoers,home/e-smith,root|Compression|1|Description|backup__total|Exclude||Expiry|0|Mount|/mnt/dar2|Password|11.FZdpvs|Prune||Slice|650|Target|/dev/sdc1|Username||VFSType|ext3|Verbose|off|backupDay|manual|backupTime|17:05|status|enabled
Feb  9 21:42:25 www /etc/e-smith/web/panels/manager/cgi-bin/dar2[31264]: /home/e-smith/db/dar2: NEW backup_total=dar2|Backup|etc/e-smith/templates-custom,etc/e-smith/templates-user-custom,etc/group,etc/gshadow,etc/passwd,etc/samba/secrets.tdb,etc/samba/smbpasswd,etc/shadow,etc/smbpasswd,etc/ssh,etc/sudoers,home/e-smith,root|Compression|1|Description|backup__total|Exclude||Expiry|0|Mount|/mnt/dar2|Password||Prune||Slice|650|Target|/dev/sdc1|Username||VFSType|ext3|Verbose|off|backupDay|manual|backupTime|17:05|status|enabled
Feb  9 21:42:25 www /etc/e-smith/web/panels/manager/cgi-bin/dar2[31264]: /home/e-smith/db/dar2: OLD backup_total=dar2|Backup|etc/e-smith/templates-custom,etc/e-smith/templates-user-custom,etc/group,etc/gshadow,etc/passwd,etc/samba/secrets.tdb,etc/samba/smbpasswd,etc/shadow,etc/smbpasswd,etc/ssh,etc/sudoers,home/e-smith,root|Compression|1|Description|backup__total|Exclude||Expiry|0|Mount|/mnt/dar2|Password||Prune||Slice|650|Target|/dev/sdc1|Username||VFSType|ext3|Verbose|off|backupDay|manual|backupTime|17:05|status|enabled
Feb  9 21:42:25 www /etc/e-smith/web/panels/manager/cgi-bin/dar2[31264]: /home/e-smith/db/dar2: NEW backup_total=dar2|Backup|etc/e-smith/templates-custom,etc/e-smith/templates-user-custom,etc/group,etc/gshadow,etc/passwd,etc/samba/secrets.tdb,etc/samba/smbpasswd,etc/shadow,etc/smbpasswd,etc/ssh,etc/sudoers,home/e-smith,root|Compression|1|Description|backup__total|Exclude||Expiry|0|Mount|/dev/sdc1|Password||Prune||Slice|650|Target|/dev/sdc1|Username||VFSType|ext3|Verbose|off|backupDay|manual|backupTime|17:05|status|enabled
Feb  9 21:42:25 www /etc/e-smith/web/panels/manager/cgi-bin/dar2[31264]: /home/e-smith/db/dar2: OLD backup_total=dar2|Backup|etc/e-smith/templates-custom,etc/e-smith/templates-user-custom,etc/group,etc/gshadow,etc/passwd,etc/samba/secrets.tdb,etc/samba/smbpasswd,etc/shadow,etc/smbpasswd,etc/ssh,etc/sudoers,home/e-smith,root|Compression|1|Description|backup__total|Exclude||Expiry|0|Mount|/dev/sdc1|Password||Prune||Slice|650|Target|/dev/sdc1|Username||VFSType|ext3|Verbose|off|backupDay|manual|backupTime|17:05|status|enabled
Feb  9 21:42:25 www /etc/e-smith/web/panels/manager/cgi-bin/dar2[31264]: /home/e-smith/db/dar2: NEW backup_total=dar2|Backup|etc/e-smith/templates-custom,etc/e-smith/templates-user-custom,etc/group,etc/gshadow,etc/passwd,etc/samba/secrets.tdb,etc/samba/smbpasswd,etc/shadow,etc/smbpasswd,etc/ssh,etc/sudoers,home/e-smith,root|Compression|3|Description|backup__total|Exclude||Expiry|0|Mount|/dev/sdc1|Password||Prune||Slice|650|Target|/dev/sdc1|Username||VFSType|ext3|Verbose|off|backupDay|manual|backupTime|17:05|status|enabled
Feb  9 21:42:25 www /etc/e-smith/web/panels/manager/cgi-bin/dar2[31264]: /home/e-smith/db/dar2: OLD backup_total=dar2|Backup|etc/e-smith/templates-custom,etc/e-smith/templates-user-custom,etc/group,etc/gshadow,etc/passwd,etc/samba/secrets.tdb,etc/samba/smbpasswd,etc/shadow,etc/smbpasswd,etc/ssh,etc/sudoers,home/e-smith,root|Compression|3|Description|backup__total|Exclude||Expiry|0|Mount|/dev/sdc1|Password||Prune||Slice|650|Target|/dev/sdc1|Username||VFSType|ext3|Verbose|off|backupDay|manual|backupTime|17:05|status|enabled
Feb  9 21:42:25 www /etc/e-smith/web/panels/manager/cgi-bin/dar2[31264]: /home/e-smith/db/dar2: NEW backup_total=dar2|Backup|etc/e-smith/templates-custom,etc/e-smith/templates-user-custom,etc/group,etc/gshadow,etc/passwd,etc/samba/secrets.tdb,etc/samba/smbpasswd,etc/shadow,etc/smbpasswd,etc/ssh,etc/sudoers,home/e-smith,root|Compression|3|Description|backup__total|Exclude||Expiry|0|Mount|/dev/sdc1|Password||Prune||Slice|650|Target|/dev/sdc1|Username||VFSType|ext3|Verbose|off|backupDay|manual|backupTime|21:43|status|enabled
Feb  9 21:42:51 www kernel: kjournald starting.  Commit interval 5 seconds
Feb  9 21:42:51 www kernel: EXT3 FS on sdc1, internal journal
Feb  9 21:42:51 www kernel: EXT3-fs: mounted filesystem with ordered data mode.
Feb  9 21:43:39 www /etc/e-smith/web/panels/manager/cgi-bin/dar2[31308]: /home/e-smith/db/dar2: OLD backup_total=dar2|Backup|etc/e-smith/templates-custom,etc/e-smith/templates-user-custom,etc/group,etc/gshadow,etc/passwd,etc/samba/secrets.tdb,etc/samba/smbpasswd,etc/shadow,etc/smbpasswd,etc/ssh,etc/sudoers,home/e-smith,root|Compression|3|Description|backup__total|Exclude||Expiry|0|Mount|/dev/sdc1|Password||Prune||Slice|650|Target|/dev/sdc1|Username||VFSType|ext3|Verbose|off|backupDay|manual|backupTime|21:43|status|enabled
Feb  9 21:43:39 www /etc/e-smith/web/panels/manager/cgi-bin/dar2[31308]: /home/e-smith/db/dar2: NEW backup_total=dar2|Backup|etc/e-smith/templates-custom,etc/e-smith/templates-user-custom,etc/group,etc/gshadow,etc/passwd,etc/samba/secrets.tdb,etc/samba/smbpasswd,etc/shadow,etc/smbpasswd,etc/ssh,etc/sudoers,home/e-smith,root|Compression|3|Description|backup__total|Exclude||Expiry|0|Mount|/dev/sdc1|Password||Prune||Slice|650|Target|/mnt/dar2|Username||VFSType|ext3|Verbose|off|backupDay|manual|backupTime|21:43|status|enabled
Feb  9 21:43:39 www /etc/e-smith/web/panels/manager/cgi-bin/dar2[31308]: /home/e-smith/db/dar2: OLD backup_total=dar2|Backup|etc/e-smith/templates-custom,etc/e-smith/templates-user-custom,etc/group,etc/gshadow,etc/passwd,etc/samba/secrets.tdb,etc/samba/smbpasswd,etc/shadow,etc/smbpasswd,etc/ssh,etc/sudoers,home/e-smith,root|Compression|3|Description|backup__total|Exclude||Expiry|0|Mount|/dev/sdc1|Password||Prune||Slice|650|Target|/mnt/dar2|Username||VFSType|ext3|Verbose|off|backupDay|manual|backupTime|21:43|status|enabled
Feb  9 21:43:39 www /etc/e-smith/web/panels/manager/cgi-bin/dar2[31308]: /home/e-smith/db/dar2: NEW backup_total=dar2|Backup|etc/e-smith/templates-custom,etc/e-smith/templates-user-custom,etc/group,etc/gshadow,etc/passwd,etc/samba/secrets.tdb,etc/samba/smbpasswd,etc/shadow,etc/smbpasswd,etc/ssh,etc/sudoers,home/e-smith,root|Compression|3|Description|backup__total|Exclude||Expiry|0|Mount|/mnt/dar2|Password||Prune||Slice|650|Target|/mnt/dar2|Username||VFSType|ext3|Verbose|off|backupDay|manual|backupTime|21:43|status|enabled
Feb  9 21:43:39 www /etc/e-smith/web/panels/manager/cgi-bin/dar2[31308]: /home/e-smith/db/dar2: OLD backup_total=dar2|Backup|etc/e-smith/templates-custom,etc/e-smith/templates-user-custom,etc/group,etc/gshadow,etc/passwd,etc/samba/secrets.tdb,etc/samba/smbpasswd,etc/shadow,etc/smbpasswd,etc/ssh,etc/sudoers,home/e-smith,root|Compression|3|Description|backup__total|Exclude||Expiry|0|Mount|/mnt/dar2|Password||Prune||Slice|650|Target|/mnt/dar2|Username||VFSType|ext3|Verbose|off|backupDay|manual|backupTime|21:43|status|enabled
Feb  9 21:43:39 www /etc/e-smith/web/panels/manager/cgi-bin/dar2[31308]: /home/e-smith/db/dar2: NEW backup_total=dar2|Backup|etc/e-smith/templates-custom,etc/e-smith/templates-user-custom,etc/group,etc/gshadow,etc/passwd,etc/samba/secrets.tdb,etc/samba/smbpasswd,etc/shadow,etc/smbpasswd,etc/ssh,etc/sudoers,home/e-smith,root|Compression|3|Description|backup__total|Exclude||Expiry|0|Mount|/mnt/dar2|Password||Prune||Slice|650|Target|/mnt/dar2|Username||VFSType|ext3|Verbose|off|backupDay|manual|backupTime|21:45|status|enabled
Feb  9 21:45:32 www /etc/e-smith/web/panels/manager/cgi-bin/dar2[31375]: /home/e-smith/db/dar2: OLD backup_total=dar2|Backup|etc/e-smith/templates-custom,etc/e-smith/templates-user-custom,etc/group,etc/gshadow,etc/passwd,etc/samba/secrets.tdb,etc/samba/smbpasswd,etc/shadow,etc/smbpasswd,etc/ssh,etc/sudoers,home/e-smith,root|Compression|3|Description|backup__total|Exclude||Expiry|0|Mount|/mnt/dar2|Password||Prune||Slice|650|Target|/mnt/dar2|Username||VFSType|ext3|Verbose|off|backupDay|manual|backupTime|21:45|status|enabled
Feb  9 21:45:32 www /etc/e-smith/web/panels/manager/cgi-bin/dar2[31375]: /home/e-smith/db/dar2: NEW backup_total=dar2|Backup|etc/e-smith/templates-custom,etc/e-smith/templates-user-custom,etc/group,etc/gshadow,etc/passwd,etc/samba/secrets.tdb,etc/samba/smbpasswd,etc/shadow,etc/smbpasswd,etc/ssh,etc/sudoers,home/e-smith,root|Compression|3|Description|backup__total|Exclude||Expiry|0|Mount|/mnt/dar2|Password||Prune||Slice|650|Target|/media/usbdisk|Username||VFSType|ext3|Verbose|off|backupDay|manual|backupTime|21:45|status|enabled
Feb  9 21:45:32 www /etc/e-smith/web/panels/manager/cgi-bin/dar2[31375]: /home/e-smith/db/dar2: OLD backup_total=dar2|Backup|etc/e-smith/templates-custom,etc/e-smith/templates-user-custom,etc/group,etc/gshadow,etc/passwd,etc/samba/secrets.tdb,etc/samba/smbpasswd,etc/shadow,etc/smbpasswd,etc/ssh,etc/sudoers,home/e-smith,root|Compression|3|Description|backup__total|Exclude||Expiry|0|Mount|/mnt/dar2|Password||Prune||Slice|650|Target|/media/usbdisk|Username||VFSType|ext3|Verbose|off|backupDay|manual|backupTime|21:45|status|enabled
Feb  9 21:45:32 www /etc/e-smith/web/panels/manager/cgi-bin/dar2[31375]: /home/e-smith/db/dar2: NEW backup_total=dar2|Backup|etc/e-smith/templates-custom,etc/e-smith/templates-user-custom,etc/group,etc/gshadow,etc/passwd,etc/samba/secrets.tdb,etc/samba/smbpasswd,etc/shadow,etc/smbpasswd,etc/ssh,etc/sudoers,home/e-smith,root|Compression|3|Description|backup__total|Exclude||Expiry|0|Mount|/media/usbdisk|Password||Prune||Slice|650|Target|/media/usbdisk|Username||VFSType|ext3|Verbose|off|backupDay|manual|backupTime|21:45|status|enabled
Feb  9 21:45:32 www /etc/e-smith/web/panels/manager/cgi-bin/dar2[31375]: /home/e-smith/db/dar2: OLD backup_total=dar2|Backup|etc/e-smith/templates-custom,etc/e-smith/templates-user-custom,etc/group,etc/gshadow,etc/passwd,etc/samba/secrets.tdb,etc/samba/smbpasswd,etc/shadow,etc/smbpasswd,etc/ssh,etc/sudoers,home/e-smith,root|Compression|3|Description|backup__total|Exclude||Expiry|0|Mount|/media/usbdisk|Password||Prune||Slice|650|Target|/media/usbdisk|Username||VFSType|ext3|Verbose|off|backupDay|manual|backupTime|21:45|status|enabled
Feb  9 21:45:32 www /etc/e-smith/web/panels/manager/cgi-bin/dar2[31375]: /home/e-smith/db/dar2: NEW backup_total=dar2|Backup|etc/e-smith/templates-custom,etc/e-smith/templates-user-custom,etc/group,etc/gshadow,etc/passwd,etc/samba/secrets.tdb,etc/samba/smbpasswd,etc/shadow,etc/smbpasswd,etc/ssh,etc/sudoers,home/e-smith,root|Compression|3|Description|backup__total|Exclude||Expiry|0|Mount|/media/usbdisk|Password||Prune||Slice|650|Target|/media/usbdisk|Username||VFSType|ext3|Verbose|off|backupDay|manual|backupTime|21:47|status|enabled
Feb  9 21:46:48 www /etc/e-smith/web/panels/manager/cgi-bin/dar2[31410]: /home/e-smith/db/dar2: OLD backup_total=dar2|Backup|etc/e-smith/templates-custom,etc/e-smith/templates-user-custom,etc/group,etc/gshadow,etc/passwd,etc/samba/secrets.tdb,etc/samba/smbpasswd,etc/shadow,etc/smbpasswd,etc/ssh,etc/sudoers,home/e-smith,root|Compression|3|Description|backup__total|Exclude||Expiry|0|Mount|/media/usbdisk|Password||Prune||Slice|650|Target|/media/usbdisk|Username||VFSType|ext3|Verbose|off|backupDay|manual|backupTime|21:47|status|enabled
Feb  9 21:46:48 www /etc/e-smith/web/panels/manager/cgi-bin/dar2[31410]: /home/e-smith/db/dar2: NEW backup_total=dar2|Backup|etc/e-smith/templates-custom,etc/e-smith/templates-user-custom,etc/group,etc/gshadow,etc/passwd,etc/samba/secrets.tdb,etc/samba/smbpasswd,etc/shadow,etc/smbpasswd,etc/ssh,etc/sudoers,home/e-smith,root|Compression|3|Description|backup__total|Exclude||Expiry|0|Mount|/media/usbdisk|Password||Prune||Slice|650|Target|/media/usbdisk1|Username||VFSType|ext3|Verbose|off|backupDay|manual|backupTime|21:47|status|enabled
Feb  9 21:46:48 www /etc/e-smith/web/panels/manager/cgi-bin/dar2[31410]: /home/e-smith/db/dar2: OLD backup_total=dar2|Backup|etc/e-smith/templates-custom,etc/e-smith/templates-user-custom,etc/group,etc/gshadow,etc/passwd,etc/samba/secrets.tdb,etc/samba/smbpasswd,etc/shadow,etc/smbpasswd,etc/ssh,etc/sudoers,home/e-smith,root|Compression|3|Description|backup__total|Exclude||Expiry|0|Mount|/media/usbdisk|Password||Prune||Slice|650|Target|/media/usbdisk1|Username||VFSType|ext3|Verbose|off|backupDay|manual|backupTime|21:47|status|enabled
Feb  9 21:46:48 www /etc/e-smith/web/panels/manager/cgi-bin/dar2[31410]: /home/e-smith/db/dar2: NEW backup_total=dar2|Backup|etc/e-smith/templates-custom,etc/e-smith/templates-user-custom,etc/group,etc/gshadow,etc/passwd,etc/samba/secrets.tdb,etc/samba/smbpasswd,etc/shadow,etc/smbpasswd,etc/ssh,etc/sudoers,home/e-smith,root|Compression|3|Description|backup__total|Exclude||Expiry|0|Mount|/media/usbdisk1|Password||Prune||Slice|650|Target|/media/usbdisk1|Username||VFSType|ext3|Verbose|off|backupDay|manual|backupTime|21:47|status|enabled
Feb  9 21:46:48 www /etc/e-smith/web/panels/manager/cgi-bin/dar2[31410]: /home/e-smith/db/dar2: OLD backup_total=dar2|Backup|etc/e-smith/templates-custom,etc/e-smith/templates-user-custom,etc/group,etc/gshadow,etc/passwd,etc/samba/secrets.tdb,etc/samba/smbpasswd,etc/shadow,etc/smbpasswd,etc/ssh,etc/sudoers,home/e-smith,root|Compression|3|Description|backup__total|Exclude||Expiry|0|Mount|/media/usbdisk1|Password||Prune||Slice|650|Target|/media/usbdisk1|Username||VFSType|ext3|Verbose|off|backupDay|manual|backupTime|21:47|status|enabled
Feb  9 21:46:48 www /etc/e-smith/web/panels/manager/cgi-bin/dar2[31410]: /home/e-smith/db/dar2: NEW backup_total=dar2|Backup|etc/e-smith/templates-custom,etc/e-smith/templates-user-custom,etc/group,etc/gshadow,etc/passwd,etc/samba/secrets.tdb,etc/samba/smbpasswd,etc/shadow,etc/smbpasswd,etc/ssh,etc/sudoers,home/e-smith,root|Compression|3|Description|backup__total|Exclude||Expiry|0|Mount|/media/usbdisk1|Password||Prune||Slice|650|Target|/media/usbdisk1|Username||VFSType|ext3|Verbose|off|backupDay|manual|backupTime|21:48|status|enabled
Feb  9 21:47:00 www kernel: kjournald starting.  Commit interval 5 seconds
Feb  9 21:47:00 www kernel: EXT3 FS on sdc1, internal journal
Feb  9 21:47:00 www kernel: EXT3-fs: mounted filesystem with ordered data mode.
Feb  9 21:47:00 www esmith::event[31436]: Processing event: pre-backup
Feb  9 21:47:00 www esmith::event[31436]: Running event handler: /etc/e-smith/events/pre-backup/S10mysql-delete-dumped-tables
Feb  9 21:47:00 www esmith::event[31436]: S10mysql-delete-dumped-tables=action|Event|pre-backup|Action|S10mysql-delete-dumped-tables|Start|1171057620 947971|End|1171057620 951465|Elapsed|0.003494
Feb  9 21:47:00 www esmith::event[31436]: Running event handler: /etc/e-smith/events/pre-backup/S20mysql-dump-tables
Feb  9 21:47:00 www esmith::event[31436]: mysqldump: Got error: 1045: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) when trying to connect
Feb  9 21:47:00 www esmith::event[31436]: S20mysql-dump-tables=action|Event|pre-backup|Action|S20mysql-dump-tables|Start|1171057620 951786|End|1171057620 962112|Elapsed|0.010326|Status|512
Feb  9 21:47:00 www esmith::event[31436]: Running event handler: /etc/e-smith/events/pre-backup/S50rewind-tape
Feb  9 21:47:01 www esmith::event[31436]: S50rewind-tape=action|Event|pre-backup|Action|S50rewind-tape|Start|1171057620 962306|End|1171057621 88497|Elapsed|0.126191

If I do it manualy, I only get to the pre-processing event and it stops.
Anyone have an ideia?!?!?!?!

Thanks
Pedro

Offline dmay

• +0/-0
    • http://myezserver.com
« Reply #149 on: February 11, 2007, 05:18:41 PM »
Everyone, let's end this original announcement post.  :wink:

Please open new a topic post for your individual help request. A separate post will make it easier for people to provide you with assistance on your particular problem.

Darrell