Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Top 3 things I would like to see integrated into SME7

jand689

« on: September 28, 2006, 12:06:23 AM »
I started using SME7 at home and I'm installing it at my local village hall.  I've been approached by a non-profit to help them out and SME7 is now my first choice for a Linux server.

I really would like to see 3 things integrated into SME7:

1. Groupware with shared calendar and support for Outlook.  It looks like mrjhb3 is close to having RPMs for horde ready for testing soon.  I'm looking forward to this with great anticipation.

2. Backup to USB or network attached hard drive with ability to backup  and restore individual directories and files.  I haven't tried backup2 yet, but if it meets these requirements then I would be great to integrate it.

3. A system status page in server-manager that shows the condition of the mirror set, a disk usage display (a graphical df-H), CPU and network performance including web page traffic.

Taking cues from other posts, in server-manager it would be good to see an expanded anti-virus status page that shows viruses found and quarantined (and an option to delete those files) and a listing of junk/spam email found by SpamAssassin.  Also, if backup2 gets integrated it would be good to have a backup/restore page in server-manager too.  While I'm at it, how about a MySQL status page also?

Jim

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 02:23:35 AM »

Offline p-jones

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 11:22:44 AM »
The Backup2 contrib works very well.
SME7Admin module probably meets your next requirement
The only void is the groupware which is well covered in other threads.

anne

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 06:33:37 PM »
I hope the SME gods are good minded these days...

Well, the password encryption should be managed through the webbased portal as well as via the console.
Ftp acces at homedirs of users should be open or set to open through the portal and console. (Maybe a secure connection https ???)
Root commands, when handy, should be there too... 8)
Not only virusscan but also detailed visible info of whereabouts of users, when they use the server at some point in time.  (could be handy if i want to reset the server and not have to find out if anyone is working on it.)
All those settings are manageble via root, but that is the point, i would like to seethat different, and also know the commands used via root.

I know SME is almost perfect, and i consider these things i mentioned as beauty specks... :lol:  but i hope someone sees the things all those people want and consider them at full.
Now i soon hope to manage SME server like my Novell 6.5 servers

Thanks...
Oh yeah, what about that awefull pain in the **s; SPAM???? Is there also a future brain for?