awstats

Offline hanscees

• +0/-0
    • nl.linkedin.com/in/hanscees/
awstats
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2006, 07:57:43 PM »
Quote from: "cc_skavenger"
nope, never had to before.

Do you mean you don't and have no idea if squid caches stuff, which you then miss in awstats, or that you don't know?

Hans-Cees
nl.linkedin.com/in/hanscees/

cc_skavenger

awstats
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2006, 10:38:58 PM »
Quote from: "hanscees"

Do you mean you don't and have no idea if squid caches stuff, which you then miss in awstats, or that you don't know?

Hans-Cees

What I mean is that there was a setting in the version for SME 5.X and 6.X to tell awstats if you wanted to ignore local network hits.  You had the option on counting local network hits or ignoring them.

Offline hanscees

• +0/-0
    • nl.linkedin.com/in/hanscees/
awstats
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2006, 08:59:11 AM »
Quote from: "hanscees"

Hans-Cees

What I mean is that there was a setting in the version for SME 5.X and 6.X to tell awstats if you wanted to ignore local network hits.  You had the option on counting local network hits or ignoring them.

I am referring to something else: if I am correct squid listens on port 80 on your outside address, reverse-caching your apache.
So squid sits between the internet and your webserver, caching pages. This improves speed a lot.
But every hit squid takes, and thus not reaches the webserver apache is not counted by awstats.

I might be wrong, but I think not.

Hans-Cees
nl.linkedin.com/in/hanscees/

cc_skavenger

awstats
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2006, 03:15:13 PM »
oh, sorry.  my mistake

uomonet

awstats
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2006, 11:52:01 PM »
Thanks for the answers!
I am referring to something else: if I am correct squid listens on port 80 on your outside address, reverse-caching your apache.
So squid sits between the internet and your webserver, caching pages. This improves speed a lot.
But every hit squid takes, and thus not reaches the webserver apache is not counted by awstats.
Sorry, but I don't understand you...
1. I buy a new PC!
2. I install SME 7 on my new PC
3. I enable dungog repository
4. I install awstat
5. I check if awstat in control panel is correctly configured to ignore local hits
6. I check every few days my statistics and unfortunatly I still see many and many hits from the local network  :shock:
The question is: Does this contrib works? Do I have to change some other settings to make it work?  :roll: