Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

New Forums

Offline gregswallow

• +1/-0
Re: New Forums
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2006, 05:56:09 PM »
Quote from: "Denbert"
What happened to Ruffdog?

Both sites are still running on Ruffdogs bandwidth and on a server owned by Ruffdogs.  You're right, we need top put back their logo here - I'll do that as well tomorrow (edit - DONE).  Thanks for pointing that out.

Offline robwellesley

• +0/-0
Devinfo?
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2006, 10:49:39 PM »
Is the devinfo board still to be?  The link on smeserver.org points here but doesn't work and I don't see a link on this site?

Rob Wellesley

Offline gregswallow

• +1/-0
New Forums
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2006, 12:19:31 AM »
The mailing lists are still working.  There is a link on the left menu of smeserver.org called "SME Server Mailing Lists".  Is there another link somewhere that isn't working?

duncan

New Forums
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2006, 12:48:08 AM »
Hi - small thing.

Could you set up your favicon. I look for it in my favourites. Trivial I know, but hey.

Offline robwellesley

• +0/-0
New Forums
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2006, 02:23:16 AM »
Quote from: "gregswallow"
The mailing lists are still working.  There is a link on the left menu of smeserver.org called "SME Server Mailing Lists".  Is there another link somewhere that isn't working?

http://www.smeserver.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=22&Itemid=37&lang=en

click on link under Devoloper Mailing List

Rob

Offline gregswallow

• +1/-0
New Forums
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2006, 05:07:34 AM »
Thanks, fixed that link.  I'll add the favicon tomorrow morning (Edit - DONE).

Offline psc

• +0/-0
New Forums
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2006, 03:25:25 PM »
Just a short question:

Who are the shareholders of SME Server Inc ?
First, solve the problem. Then, write the code.

Offline chris burnat

• +2/-0
    • http://www.burnat.com
New Forums
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2006, 04:00:04 PM »
Please do not take my comments as criticisms. On the contrary. SME7 has reached the status of  excellence (thanks and thanks again to Gordon, Charlie , Shad, et al) and we are very fortunate to be associated with this release, let alone be able to "use" it to establish "free" communication in our respective neck of the wood.  However, to a casual observer, it would appear that the whole of Contribs as we know it has come to a temporary grinding halt.

(i) The main site has been revamped  with the unfortunate result that essential items such as the wikis are no longer available.

(ii) Key developpers appear to have dropped of from the forum in recent days.

(iii) There has been no posts on Bugzilla since the 16/9/06.

Where do we go from there?
- chris
If it does not work out of the box, please fill in a Bug Report @ Bugzilla (http://bugs.contribs.org)  - check: http://wiki.contribs.org/Bugzilla_Help .  Thanks.

Offline byte

• +2/-0
New Forums
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2006, 04:11:50 PM »
Quote from: "burnat"

(i) The main site has been revamped  with the unfortunate result that essential items such as the wikis are no longer available.

Here's what I think... Thats only temporay.

Think that's because Charlie has been on holiday, and Gordon is very busy

Same as above.
--[byte]--

Have you filled in a Bug Report over @ http://bugs.contribs.org ? Please don't wait to be told this way you help us to help you/others - Thanks!

Offline gregswallow

• +1/-0
New Forums
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2006, 06:29:52 PM »

That was a matter of necessity.   We were unable to update Xoops because of the phpwiki and phpbb mods.  Let's just say it was proven many times to be not secure.

The forum is for really here for community (peer) support - Development issues (bugs) should go in the bug tracker.  I think it's unfortunate that Charlie has to wade through forum posts to find unreported bugs, as an example.

Where do we go from there?

That's probably partially because of the lack of a link to the bug tracker from the forums. (Edit - just added a link at the top - does my graphic look ok? ;-) )

Offline gregswallow

• +1/-0
New Forums
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2006, 06:32:51 PM »
Quote from: "psc"
Just a short question:

Who are the shareholders of SME Server Inc ?

It is a non-profit corporation registered in Colorado.  There are 5 directors, Gordon, Paul, myself and Garret and Vivian from Ruffdogs.  I will see about getting that paperwork put online at smeserver.org.

woyzeck

New Forums
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2006, 09:40:22 PM »
Y We aren't quite done moving the forums though, they will soon be at forums.contribs.org, and contribs.org will redirect to smeserver.org.

Great!  Thanks for the update.  Keep up the good work.

Pacjack

New Forums
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2006, 10:50:45 PM »
Any reason why I have to login 4 times a day at this forum? :wink:

Offline gregswallow

• +1/-0
New Forums
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2006, 11:06:35 PM »
Quote from: "Pacjack"
Any reason why I have to login 4 times a day at this forum? :wink:

Yah, I can confirm that with Internet Explorer.  Firefox 1.5 remembers me and automatically logs me in, IE doesn't.  Can you report a bug in the Bug Tracker (link at the top) please in the "contribs.org web site" product/category.  Thanks.

Pacjack

New Forums
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2006, 11:42:00 PM »
Can you report a bug in the Bug Tracker (link at the top) please in the "contribs.org web site" product/category.  Thanks.

Done, see here. Good luck!