Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

LDAP and Microsoft Outlook

Offline WF168Tech

• +0/-0
LDAP and Microsoft Outlook
« on: August 31, 2006, 06:18:27 PM »
Could someone help me in configuring Microsoft Outlook 2000 to access my LDAP directory?  I'm using SME 6.5 with all newest updates.  The LDAP directory works find using Horde WebMail.  I found some helps here and there on the 'net, but whenever I click on Address book in Outlook, I get this message.

Invalid DN systax. (34)

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
Re: LDAP and Microsoft Outlook
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 01:47:34 AM »
Quote from: "WF168Tech"
Could someone help me in configuring Microsoft Outlook 2000 to access my LDAP directory?  I'm using SME 6.5 with all newest updates.  The LDAP directory works find using Horde WebMail.  I found some helps here and there on the 'net, but whenever I click on Address book in Outlook, I get this message.

Invalid DN systax. (34)

I don't have OL 2000, but in OL 2003, goto to tools, Add a new directory or address book, set server DNS name, More settings, set display name, under the search tab, enter your search base as dc=[YOURDOMAIN],dc=[com|net|org].  Once in OL, click on address book, find items, then put a space in display name and all of your users show up.

Hope this can help with OK 2K,

JB

Offline gwalker_nbs

• +0/-0
Re: LDAP and Microsoft Outlook
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 01:16:02 PM »
There is a way to get the directory to show up automatically simply insert cn=cn at the beginning of your search base.

It’s as simple as that.

cn=cn,dc=[YOURDOMAIN],dc=[com|net|org].

G