Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

some help please - osticket on SME 7.3

Offline shamrock

• +0/-0
some help please - osticket on SME 7.3
« on: March 26, 2008, 03:21:08 AM »

Hi I am a new user to the SME server, but I think its great, I would be gratefull of some advise regarding any users that have a working osticket System on there SME box?

I have setup the osticket system and all seems to work ok.
except the PIPE function in qmail.

I have setup a user called support-cw and added the following to this users .qmail file
|/opt/osticket/api/pipe.php

The pipe works as I would expect it to, untill the SME server is rebooted, where the .qmail file reverts back to its origional format..?

SME box expanding its default templates...?

I have tried creating a /var/qmail/alias .qmail-support-cw file but the pipe function does not work and email
ends up in the support-cw user's mailbox.

Any help would be greatly appreciated....plz

Regards
SME newbie
 :(

Offline the-heck

• +0/-0
  • Chance favors the prepared mind.
Re: some help please - osticket on SME 7.3
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 12:49:32 PM »
yes, SME Server will run its templates/custom-templates once server is restarted.

I suggest that you search for creating custom-templates.  You can start here...

http://www.smeserver.de/download/Howtos/Customizing_SME.html
·¨­­­°÷»the-heck«÷°¨·

Offline cactus

• +3/-0
    • http://www.snetram.nl
Re: some help please - osticket on SME 7.3
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 08:52:07 AM »
The pipe works as I would expect it to, untill the SME server is rebooted, where the .qmail file reverts back to its origional format..?

SME box expanding its default templates...?

I have tried creating a /var/qmail/alias .qmail-support-cw file but the pipe function does not work and email
ends up in the support-cw user's mailbox.
Have a look at the links in this post as they will learn you a lot about the template system that is used to generate the configuration files.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than its worth ~ Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)