Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

mySQL access by new user, or frontend to add it manually?

skidrash

« on: August 01, 2006, 04:28:57 PM »
I've tried searching, but with no luck, so I'll just go ahead and ask... (sorry if this has already been asked)  Is there anyway to access/edit the mySQL database via the online admin panel?  I know there is a phpmyadmin contrib, but if I'm not mistaken, you cannot create users with it (correct?)...

Basically I would like every new user I create to have access to a DB table.  With an interface I could just add them manually.  Ideally, I'd like to be able to click a checkbox or something of the like on the page where I create a user...  Something like "Add as a mySQL user".  

I also saw the FAQ about opening ports so that you can use mySQL Administrator remotely from a LAN.  This will work, but it requires that I have the app installed on any machine that I'll be adding users from (which could be a few different ones...)

Any suggestions/help?

~skidrash

Offline crazybob

• +0/-0
    • Stalzer R&D
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 04:51:20 PM »
You can add users via phpmyadmin. If you click on privileges, you will see an option "Add a new user" about 3/4 way down the page.

Bob
If you think you know whats going on, you obviously have no idea whats going on!

skidrash

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 07:00:40 PM »
Oh wow, your right!  I guess that just shows how much I know phpmyadmin!  hehe  Thankyou for the help Bob!

~skidrash