Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

thanks for a very flexible Linux distribution

jsheline2003

thanks for a very flexible Linux distribution
« on: July 21, 2006, 07:33:34 PM »
I'm new around here but, I've been watching SME server on distrowatch.com for some time now. On 1 July, when I saw the official release of version 7, I decided to download, burn and install it. I've had allot of fun playing with it and installing the shit out of it to make sure it's exactly what I need and to make sure I can fix it if something breaks down.

I'm used to run my own Dialup Internet Service Providing Company but, got out of that market in 2003. There's no money in dialup anymore, broadband has taken over, as it should be. Too bad SME Server wasn't around back in 1998, this OS would have been a life saver for me.

I can see this OS working out well on new Dell Blade Servers that are rolling out. Let's just hope the system admins have a little vision and can see the genius behind this project.

I just wanted to say thanks for a very flexible Linux distribution. I can't imagine how many man hours has went into this project.

---John

Offline CharlieBrady

• +3/-0
Re: thanks for a very flexible Linux distribution
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 05:54:14 AM »
Quote from: "jsheline2003"

I just wanted to say thanks for a very flexible Linux distribution. I can't imagine how many man hours has went into this project.

Thanks for taking the time to say that, John!