Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

How to go in the script/command mode?

carmen

How to go in the script/command mode?
« on: July 20, 2006, 09:56:25 AM »
Hi all,

I am a newbie for SME Server.

Currently I am using SME Server 7.0, and use "server-manager" template to do the normal configurations.

I would like to know how to go in the script/command mode to type in the script? Since I need to open some ssl port for external access.  :-?

Moreover, can anyone advise on how to make some configradtion on firewall such as open or close port?

Thanks all!  ;-)

Cheers,
Carmen

Offline cactus

• +3/-0
    • http://www.snetram.nl
Re: How to go in the script/command mode?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 11:51:34 AM »
Quote from: "carmen"
Hi all,

I am a newbie for SME Server.

Currently I am using SME Server 7.0, and use "server-manager" template to do the normal configurations.

I would like to know how to go in the script/command mode to type in the script? Since I need to open some ssl port for external access.  :-?

Moreover, can anyone advise on how to make some configradtion on firewall such as open or close port?

Thanks all!  ;-)

Cheers,
Carmen

You can access the prompt by logging in as root using SSH (this will need some configuration first on the remote access tab) or at the terminal also as root.

For infomration on how to change settings read the Development Guide, specially the part about the templates.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than its worth ~ Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)