Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

FTP problem

Offline fosdyke

• +0/-0
FTP problem
« on: July 11, 2006, 07:03:00 PM »
Hi

Having trouble getting write priviledges to work on an iBay for sftp upload. I have carefully, (and slowly) read chpt 14.2 about uploading files via ftp, but can only get rw privs when logged in as root, all other users irrespective of how they are configured get read-only!

I know it's probably me, but I can't see what's wrong can anyone help?

System is SME 6.01 and using FUGU as sftp client.

Thanks  :-?

Offline raem

• +4/-0
Re: FTP problem
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 03:12:26 PM »
fosdyke

> Having trouble getting write priviledges to work on an iBay for sftp upload.

You should use a sftp client. Try a different client eg SmartFTP
Did you enable ftp and did you enable secure shell access, both in the Remote Access panel.
Did you make those users members of the group that owns the ibay (for write & read)
Just tried sftp and I can write to an ibay OK
Did you follow these instructions exactly, quoted from the manual.

It is possible to upload files using FTP, but to do so you must login to the server with a valid user name, not the i-bay name. That user account must be a member of the group that has been given write permission for the i-bay (configured on the i-bay screen). You would then change to the i-bay directory (using the ftp command "cd ../../ibays/ibayname"). You will now be able to upload files from your FTP client to the appropriate directories.

Offline fosdyke

• +0/-0
FTP problem
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 12:14:56 PM »
Hi

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I have followed all the instructions - to the letter! No joy with sftp client - but does work with ftp client - figure that!

Yes secure shell access set-up ok - maybe I will try another sftp client.