Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Email Backup Question

wallyrp

Email Backup Question
« on: June 24, 2006, 05:43:40 PM »
Good Morning,

I've poked around a bit but haven't seen anything that really answers my question so to speak. I have two SME 6.x servers. One server is live and running right now. The second server, I installed a clean version of SME 6.x and restored the backup from the first. This backup was quite awhile back thus meaning that the first server has newer stuff on it.

I took the second server home and re-worked the web page, installed contribs, deleted old users and the likes. Now, outside of the deleted users, the second server mirrors the first one in regards to the userlist. Now, I want to backup only the email from the first server to the second one How can I do this? Will it mess with my userlist in anyway? If it restores email that is in the deleted user's folder, will it re-create this user on the second server?

wallyrp

Email Backup Question
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 05:54:27 PM »
Good Morning,

I found this thread after some more digging: http://forums.contribs.org/index.php?topic=27648.0

The only thing is that it doesn't talk about is that if both servers have the same users, do I have to reset permissions on the restored folders?