Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

VPN Client (PPTP from the SME to a windows server) help pls!

Offline lightman

• +0/-0
Hello

I'm trying to connect one SME 6.5 server & gateway, to a windows 2000 server (from a provider) via VPN PPTP client

I read most of the site pptpclient.sourceforge.net but all the guides from there are for standard releases of linux.

I read the RH7.3 guide (because AFAIK is the base of SME 6.5) but couldn't do almost anything, specially because the configuration tool for the PPTP client is a program that runs on X !, and we only have console mode.

looking at the /etc/ppp it seems that MPPE is already installed in SME 6.5 is that correct?

and for most of the configuration files it seems too that the pptp client is installed too.

for what i read I should place my configuration script for connect to the server in the peers directory, but even then i have no idea how to start the tunnel, the only steps I found where for the pptpconfig that runs only in X.

can any give me some ideas, links to read about, guidelines, because this is driving me crazy  :-o

thanks a lot
c-u
lightman

Offline lightman

• +0/-0
VPN Client (PPTP from the SME to a windows server) help pls!
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 06:05:58 PM »
Hi Janm!

I already read all this (very interesting stuff) unfortunately, it deals with OPENVPN and, Because of my tunnel provider, I need to use PPTP (the provider uses windows 2000 servers).

thanks
lightman