Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Hermes on SME-6

sandhya

Hermes on SME-6
« on: June 15, 2006, 01:53:01 PM »
Hi,

We have bee using webmail and we have installed kronolith and few other horde projects using SMEPlus.
we are interested in using Hermes also...............
Can anyone help me ........
How to install Hermes-Time tracking application(Horde project) on SME-6.
Where to find the rpm for it.

Thanks
Sandhya

Offline Teviot

• +0/-0
Hermes on SME-6
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 03:07:53 PM »
I found it after about 5 mins searching on the net http://rpmforge.net/user/packages/Hermes/

Try searching ... It worked for me

Let me know how you go

Adrian
Regards
M0GLJ
I am new to SAIL SME Server v8b6 and have been using SME for many years.
I have already done some research and only ask questions if I still can't work it out.

sandhya

Hermes on SME-6
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 09:34:30 AM »
thanks for the reply..........
but this is not what i wanted...............i visited the site but it gives details about the Hermes
graphics library...............
Actually i had doubt regarding the "hermes time tracking application "- A Horde Project

Thanks
sandhya

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
Re: Hermes on SME-6
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 03:16:30 PM »
Quote from: "sandhya"
Hi,

We have bee using webmail and we have installed kronolith and few other horde projects using SMEPlus.
we are interested in using Hermes also...............
Can anyone help me ........
How to install Hermes-Time tracking application(Horde project) on SME-6.
Where to find the rpm for it.

Thanks
Sandhya

You should be able to get to this work by downloading hermes from horde via cvs.  They have instructions on their website on how to do this.  Then you need to move the directory to be under horde, i.e. .../horde/hermes.  Under hermes/config, copy all *.php.dist to *.php.  Change back to the hermes main directory and make sure the permissions match the other main horde components.  Next edit horde's config/registry.php and set hermes to active.  Since there will be no rpms for this install, you will need to edit horde/conf.php and add a user that will have administrative access.  Login to horde, choose administration and generate the hermes conf.php file.  You shouldn't be able to write to this directory, copy the output to hermes/config/conf.php.  You may also have to generate some mysql tables, so look in hermes/scripts to check.  Then you should be able to test it.  

I have not looked at hermes, so what I have stated above is typically how you install any of the horde addon-ons for the horde 3 framework.  The last thing that may be needed for production use is to add template fragments so that access to some of the hermes directories is not allowed from the internet.  You should be able to look at the templates for imp for that.  But, for testing, this probably isn't necessary.

John Bennett