Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

SAIL - problem with carrier pre-select

WillKemp

SAIL - problem with carrier pre-select
« on: June 03, 2006, 03:25:51 AM »
Hi!

I've got an account with Voise, an Australian carrier, set up with a preselect code of '74'. When i try and call their voicemail number '*99', using '74*99', SIP debug tells me the following:

Code: [Select]
Looking for 74*99 in internal (domain 192.168.0.1)
Reliably Transmitting (no NAT) to 192.168.0.162:5060:
SIP/2.0 404 Not Found

This is wrong. It's not even trying *99@Voise - as it should be.

As a separate issue, whatever i do, i don't seem to be able to get outgoing calls working via Voise. This is not connected to the above issue, as Asterisk does try calling the correct extension @Voise - but is failing to authenticate on invite.

I can make outgoing calls to all other ITSPs i've got configured and i can't see any reason why Voise won't work. I'm using -193.

I've never managed to get outgoing calls working with Voise, using SAIL - although incoming calls from them work fine, and Asterisk registers ok with their server. But it used to work fine with my old plain Asterisk system. I'm trying to get that back up and running to test it with, but it's complicated by the new network setup i've got with SME etc.

A third thing... The Selintra download page says
SAIL is "GPL" & "Modified BSD" licensed

and (although i've got no idea what "Modified BSD" licence means), i assume this means the source code is available. If so, where is it? It doesn't appear to be in the .src.rpm file on the web site. There doesn't actually seem to be any source code in that.

Will