Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Horde doesn't remember any setting

Offline jongkees

• +0/-0
    • http://www.fringel.com
« on: May 25, 2006, 04:38:05 PM »
Hello,

Last week I upgraded my server with horde 3.0. Many thanks to jbennett for his script.
http://mirror.contribs.org/smeserver/contribs//jbennett/install_horde30.sh
That worked fine for a while.

I also installed SpamAssassin. But because I didn't recieve any mail anymore, I uninstalled SpamAssassin again. Since then horde, and all the related programs in his script, won't remember any setting I set. e.g. setting to hide deleted messages and sorting on date, the deleted message is shown again. I tried going back to release 2.0 of horde, but the problem isn't solved with that action. Even an upgrade to 3.0 again didn't solve it.

I have absolutely no clue anymore what to try to fix my problem. I asume the problem is in the database, in some config file or in read/write rights. But I never changed any of these settings.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?
Greetingz, Robert

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 01:13:46 AM »
I'm not sure where to tell you to start.  I have Jesper's Spamassassin as well as Clamav installed on my 6.5 server as well and haven't seen what you are describing.  Did you happen to have clam installed as well and remove it?  If so, reinstall that as well.

The horde20-restore actually drops the horde DB and reloads it with the info that had been saved previously.  

So, it looks like you are currently at Horde 3.0 and no spamasassin.  From what I can remember, when you uninstall spamassassin, the templates need to be expanded again.  Have you tried a signal-event post-upgrade ; signal-event reboot?  What do your logs look like when you login to horde and when you make/save a setting via webmail? (/var/log/messages).  

We'll start there,

JB

Offline jongkees

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 12:17:31 PM »
For some reason I didn't receive any mail when I had SpamAssassin installed. It didn't bother me that much, so I uninstalled it. ClamAv is installed on my server, and is working perfectly.
I am not eager to reinstall SpamAssassin, because I don't need it really, but a lot of people depend on my server for e-mailing.

Unfortunately It doesn't matter if I have horde 3.0 installed or have 2.0 restored. In both cases it won't remember any setting anymore.

This is the output in the logfile when logging in. (At this moment I have horde 3.0 installed)
Code: [Select]
May 28 11:49:00 servy HORDE[5931]: [imp] Login success for <MyUsername>@<DomainName>.com [192.168.0.101] to {localhost:143} [on line 150 of "/home/htt$
May 28 11:49:01 servy HORDE[5931]: [imp] Failed retrieving prefs for <MyUsername>@<DomainName>.com [on line 215 of "/home/httpd/html/horde/lib/Horde/P$
May 28 11:49:01 servy HORDE[5931]: [imp] Failed retrieving prefs for <MyUsername>@<DomainName>.com [on line 215 of "/home/httpd/html/horde/lib/Horde/P$
May 28 11:49:03 servy HORDE[2226]: [horde] Failed retrieving prefs for <MyUsername>@<DomainName>.com [on line 215 of "/home/httpd/html/horde/lib/Horde$
May 28 11:49:05 servy HORDE[5932]: [nag] DB Error: no such table: SELECT c.datatree_id, c.datatree_name FROM horde_datatree c LEFT JOIN hor$
May 28 11:49:05 servy HORDE[5932]: [nag] DB Error: no such table: SELECT c.datatree_id, c.datatree_name FROM horde_datatree c LEFT JOIN hor$
May 28 11:49:05 servy HORDE[5932]: [nag] DB Error: no such table: INSERT INTO horde_datatree (datatree_id, group_uid, datatree_name, datatr$

And this repeats itself whit every link, email or option I click on.

I tried an signal-event post-upgrade, and did a reboot, but none of it helped.

/home/httpd/html/horde/lib/Horde/Prefs.php does exist and has 640 root.www rights.
/home/httpd/html/horde/lib/Horde/P$ does not exist.
The mysql database horde does not seem to exist, but when I ask mysql which databases it knows (show databases;) horde is one of them.
The tabels in database horde seem correct (use horde; show tables;) shows me the following tables: horde_datatree_seq , kronolith_events , kronolith_storage, mnemo_memos, nag_tasks.

Could the problem be that the table name is horde_datatree_seq instead of horde_datatree in the INSERT command?
Greetingz, Robert

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 06:26:43 PM »
Why does it look like you are missing quite a few of the horde tables? Since the horde_datatree table is missing, that's why none of your settings are being saved.

Here is what my horde tables look like:
mysql> connect horde
Reading table information for completion of table and column names
You can turn off this feature to get a quicker startup with -A

Connection id:    16102
Current database: horde

mysql> show tables;
+-----------------------------+
| Tables_in_horde             |
| horde_categories            |
| horde_categories_categories |
| horde_datatree              |
| horde_datatree_attributes   |
| horde_datatree_seq          |
| horde_prefs                 |
| horde_tokens                |
| horde_users                 |
| horde_vfs                   |
| horde_vfs_seq               |
| kronolith_events            |
| kronolith_storage           |
| mnemo_memos                 |
| nag_tasks                   |
| turba_objects               |
15 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Would you verify again what tables have have in the horde DB?

You could also rename your horde directory to anything other then horde.old, then run the script again.  Make sure you have the most latest version of the script.  

YMMV, but I have done this many times and have had success.  If you do this, then your on-screen prompts should show that it dropped the horde database, and you should see, "Installing Horde 3.0 Framework".

John

Offline jongkees

• +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 10:47:19 PM »
I manually dropped the horde table and renamed the horde directory to horde_old.
Then installed horde 3.0 again (same url as in first post). A few error messages passed the screen,
but my webmail works correct now.
Not that I understand why it's working now :lol:, and not with my previous attempts.

The errors I got where:
---
error: package glibc-devel is not installed
error: package glibc-kernheaders is not installed
error: removing these packages would break dependencies:
        cpp = 2.96-113 is needed by gcc-c++-2.96-113
        gcc = 2.96-113 is needed by gcc-c++-2.96-113
---
Installing base Horde configurations
mv: cannot stat /etc/e-smith/templates/home/httpd/html/horde/turba/config/sources.php': No such file or directory
ln: ./adminhordesetup': File exists
ln: ./adminhordesave': File exists
Finishing up horde installation...

rm: cannot remove /etc/e-smith/events/post-install/S55conf-horde-startup': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove /etc/e-smith/events/post-install/S60conf-horde': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove /etc/e-smith/events/post-install/S70conf-turba-startup': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove /etc/e-smith/events/post-upgrade/S55conf-horde-startup': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove /etc/e-smith/events/post-upgrade/S60conf-horde': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove /etc/e-smith/events/post-upgrade/S70conf-turba-startup': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove /etc/e-smith/events/email-update/S60conf-imp': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove /etc/e-smith/events/email-update/S70conf-turba': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove /etc/e-smith/events/bootstrap-console-save/S60conf-imp': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove /etc/e-smith/events/bootstrap-console-save/S70conf-turba': No such file or directory
---

Do you thing I should take action on those errors, and what should I do then?
Greetingz, Robert

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2006, 10:55:10 PM »
Quote from: "jongkees"
I manually dropped the horde table and renamed the horde directory to horde_old.
Then installed horde 3.0 again (same url as in first post). A few error messages passed the screen,
but my webmail works correct now.
Not that I understand why it's working now :lol:, and not with my previous attempts.

Glad it's now working.

The errors I got where:
---
error: package glibc-devel is not installed
error: package glibc-kernheaders is not installed
error: removing these packages would break dependencies:
        cpp = 2.96-113 is needed by gcc-c++-2.96-113
        gcc = 2.96-113 is needed by gcc-c++-2.96-113
---

OK, so you have some other development RPM's installed which is why you get these errors

Installing base Horde configurations
mv: cannot stat /etc/e-smith/templates/home/httpd/html/horde/turba/config/sources.php': No such file or directory
ln: ./adminhordesetup': File exists
ln: ./adminhordesave': File exists
Finishing up horde installation...

rm: cannot remove /etc/e-smith/events/post-install/S55conf-horde-startup': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove /etc/e-smith/events/post-install/S60conf-horde': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove /etc/e-smith/events/post-install/S70conf-turba-startup': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove /etc/e-smith/events/post-upgrade/S55conf-horde-startup': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove /etc/e-smith/events/post-upgrade/S60conf-horde': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove /etc/e-smith/events/post-upgrade/S70conf-turba-startup': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove /etc/e-smith/events/email-update/S60conf-imp': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove /etc/e-smith/events/email-update/S70conf-turba': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove /etc/e-smith/events/bootstrap-console-save/S60conf-imp': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove /etc/e-smith/events/bootstrap-console-save/S70conf-turba': No such file or directory
---

All of those errors are expected as those files and links are not there anymore or have already been made.  The first time the script is run, they are removed.  They are put back when horde20-restore is run, but since you had already ran the install script again, the files are gone.

Do you thing I should take action on those errors, and what should I do then?

I don't think you should have to do anything now, except to check that your other development rpm's are OK.  The script doesn't take into account they those may be already installed and being used.

JB