Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Advanced proxy for SME6 ?

oliverm

« on: May 09, 2006, 11:55:57 AM »
Does anyone know of an advanced proxy panel for SME6? I currently use SME to proxy all the web requests here so that we can block certain sites. However, I want to be able to block certain ips from viewing certain sites, and possibly at certain times.

I know that this can be done with IPCOP, which we also use, but im hoping we can move to SME for that as well.

Thanks

Olly

Offline beakersloco

• +0/-0
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 03:38:19 AM »
Thier was something called squidguard that worked with version 5 that I tried once ... you can find info about the one that worked with version 5 here

http://cell.homeftp.org/contribs/

get the pdf called how to by loveless ...  page 19

A guy named ab loveless complied that info and he worked at a school that used it to block access to certain sites and it had an auto update option .

I dont know if anyone is using it with version 6 but google sme  and squidguard and you should find something. IF not then test it for your self and see if it works on a test system ... post back here you find that is does.
All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing.???" Edmund Burke -Irish orator, philosopher, & politician

For the battle is not yours, but God's.   2 Chronicles 20:15

Offline Smitro

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 11:41:28 AM »
Squid Guard is probably you're easier option for configuration, but Dansguardian has a lot more options.