Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Dansguardian + ident

dwhitnall

Dansguardian + ident
« on: May 07, 2006, 11:39:21 AM »
I've been trying to get Dansguardian to work with ident but no luck.
I installed dansguardian and it works fine, I also install ident onto my XP Pro machine.
But when I turn on the ident auth in dansguardian, I can't get any websites, my browser says done, but there is nothing on the screen. :hammer:

Can anyone help me.
Thanks.

Offline Smitro

• +0/-0
Dansguardian + ident
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 11:39:23 AM »
hey,

I have successfully implemented this a couple of times over. I would probably need a little bit more info. And I don't have all the correct info infront of me.

It sounds exactly like the ident client is not able to communicate with the server.

As far as I remember, in the conf file of Dansguardian there is the ident option and there is 2 others for auth. Turn the other two off and the ident one on.

Next, make sure ident can get through your firewall (it needs to be be able to act as a server (serving out your username) on your workstation). If you're running WinXP you'll need to open up the firewall and manually add the identd.exe file to the list of exceptions. After that you should be done.

HTH, let me know if it doesn't and I'll look a little more into my setup for you.