Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Accessing Outlook Web Access with SME 6

Suzzy027

Outlook web access
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2006, 06:42:43 AM »
Hi,

Yes I tried https://domainname/exchange  It cames up with page can not be displayed.

When i type it on my LAN it works fine but not on the Internet.

Offline funkusmunkus

• +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2006, 07:02:23 AM »
Is the SME server plugged into a router or a modem ??

what windows server are you running ??
On 2 SME servers at 2 different sites, I just had to forward port 443 TCP to the windows server for OWA, but I do also forward tcp 444 and 4125 to enable remote desktop through OWA.
one thing you can do is putty to SME and run
Code: [Select]
tail -f /var/log/messages then try and connect, and see if it comes up with any denyhost messages as your connecting.

Suzzy027

Outlook Web Access
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2006, 02:45:44 AM »
Hi,
My Sme server is plugged into the router.  I am using SBS sever 2003 with Exchange running on it.  

I used putty and check to log but there were no denyhost messages.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is the SME server plugged into a router or a modem ??

what windows server are you running ??
On 2 SME servers at 2 different sites, I just had to forward port 443 TCP to the windows server for OWA, but I do also forward tcp 444 and 4125 to enable remote desktop through OWA.
one thing you can do is putty to SME and run Code:
tail -f /var/log/messages
then try and connect, and see if it comes up with any denyhost messages as your connecting.

Offline funkusmunkus

• +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2006, 02:48:05 AM »
is the router forwarding TCP port 443 to the SME ???

Suzzy027

Outlook web access
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2006, 03:25:20 AM »
Hi,

Yes just double checked my router is port forwarding 443 to me Sme server and my Sme server is prot forwarding 443 to my exchange server.  I ype in https://domainname/exchange into a web browser and page cannot be displayed comes up.

Offline beakersloco

• +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2006, 05:46:43 PM »
Why are you doing a double forward ? Unless you are using a double firewall (router then sme server then your internal network) I would try forwarding straight to the OWA server and see if this works.  

How is your sme server setup as server and gateway, server only or private server and gateway?  

How is your network setup ? Maybe that is what we are missing  we need to know the path data flows thru your network. For data to get to the machine you are surfing the internet on data flows thru the router then thru a switch/or hub  to your PC or Router then Sme server then switch/or hub  to your PC ?
All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing.???" Edmund Burke -Irish orator, philosopher, & politician

For the battle is not yours, but God's.   2 Chronicles 20:15

cc_skavenger

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2006, 07:31:53 AM »

Offline mmccarn

• +10/-0
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2006, 08:57:00 PM »
Can I ask why you're forwarding port 8080 instead of port 80?

OWA normally uses / requires port 80 (for http access) and port 443 (for https access).

You *might* be able to make it work if you forward port 8080 on the SME box to port 80 on the Exchange server, or if you have used the Internet Information Services Manager on the Exchange Server to change the port for the OWA website (probably "Default website") from 80 to 8080 - but some things still won't work.  OMA (Outlook Mobile Access), for example, does not work properly if the main OWA website is not on port 80...

We have several Exchange boxes behind SME 6.0.1 boxes - all running OWA with no problem - we just forwarded ports 80 and 443 to the Exchange box.