Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Squid Squash? Purge sounds so bulemic.

santiagon

« on: May 01, 2006, 09:28:55 PM »
Hi all--

So I've got two satellite offices that are running SME 6.0.1 for months without a hitch. It appears that the harddrives have filled on them, thereby rendering them useless at this point.

The first things that come to mind are that users are probably storing too much stuff on the server, but since I can't access most of the server's resources (I get an error 500 when trying to do anything in server manager), I would want to clear the cache on Squid first, but don't know how.

Is there a specific folder into which Squid stores all its data, or is there a special command to just purge the cache? In the meantime I have ordered a new ZyXEL router/firewall to take the gateway's place so that the server may act as just that, a server.

Any thoughts would be welcome.

-Nick

cc_skavenger

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 07:44:36 AM »
well, if it is a stock squid install, data for squid is stored in /var/spool/squid.  if stock, there is only about 100M there.

Do you have sarg installed?  I have this issue with sarg.  it fills the HD quicker then anything.  Roughly 13GB a month.....  You can purge this data, it is located at /var/www/html/squid.

HTH

Offline kruhm

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 02:32:09 PM »
what size hd's do you have? how large are the squid files?

there's a squid contrib out there that allows you clear the squid cache easily in the server-manager but unless there's direct evidence, you may want to look in a different direction