Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

smeserver-asterisk and SME7rc2

Offline SARK devs

• +1/-0
    • http://sarkpbx.com
« on: April 28, 2006, 07:46:44 PM »
Hi All,

As you probably know, rc2 went up onto the mirrors late on the 26th.  Among other things, it's uses the CentOS 4.3 base which means that the kernel has changed.  In 4.3 they've used the 34-ELsmp Kernel only (no UP).  

Whether you are running the older monolithic asterisk-SME7rc1 rpm or the smeserver-asterisk rpms, you should remove them BEFORE you upgrade to rc2 (you don't need to worry about SAIL - it should be fine).  To be specific do;

either

Code: [Select]

rpm -e asterisk-SME7rc1

or

rpm -e smeserver-asterisk-zappri
rpm -e smeserver-asterisk
rpm -e smeserver-asterisk-sounds

Then proceed with your upgrade...

After the upgrade completes check which kernel you are running (with uname -r).  We've upgraded three machines today and two of them happily came up with the new 34-ELsmp kernel but one came up with vanilla 34.  This is important to asterisk because the two kernels require different versions of the zappri drivers.

If you have 34-ELsmp (which is correct) then install

smeserver-asterisk-zappri-MPP-1.2.2-1

If you still have 34 and can't or don't want to fix it then install

smeserver-asterisk-zappri-1.2.2-1

Then install

smeserver-asterisk-1.2.3-2

followed finally by

smeserver-asterisk-sounds-1.2.2-2

You can get the rpms from here if you don't already have them.
 htttp://mirror.contribs.org/smeserver/contribs/selintra/RPMS/

After you're done,  reboot your system and asterisk should come up as normal.

Kind Regards

Selintra

jazbokes

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 11:03:28 PM »

Offline arne

• +0/-4
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 12:22:28 AM »
I tried smeserver-asterisk-1.2.3-2.i686.rpm, smeserver-asterisk-sounds-1.2.2-2.noarch.rpm and smeserver-asterisk-zappri-1.2.2-1.i686.rpm just now. (Had seme already tested config files that I used.)

It worked exept for that I had some problems with the DISA fuction (That can deliver dial tone to incomming connections.)

What is this module for:  smeserver-asterisk-zappri-MPP-1.2.2-1.i686.rpm ?

Is it an alternative to smeserver-asterisk-zappri-1.2.2-1.i686.rpm  ?

What is the difference ?

(I use sip/iax telephony only, no zap things but it looks like that one zap module is requiered to make it all turnaround anyhow..)

Offline arne

• +0/-4
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 12:23:54 AM »
Yes, I'm using the newest SME 7.0 RC 2, I forgor to mention that.

Arne.

Offline arne

• +0/-4
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 12:37:59 AM »
... would it be more easy to make the sme asterisk server to work (fully) with the SME 7.0 R1 distro ?

Offline arne

• +0/-4
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 12:47:32 AM »
Excuse me for not reading your post well enough .. I can see it now about the smeserver-asterisk-zappri-MPP-1.2.2-1 (and I think I took the wrong one) Will test it tomorrow.

Offline SARK devs

• +1/-0
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2006, 04:35:03 AM »
Hello Arne

Sorry to hear you've had a few problems.  You are quite correct; you must us the MPP version of zappri with RC2.  

You also deduce correctly that you need zappri even if you aren't planning to run any analogue lines or telephones.  Asterisk gets it's timing from zappri and without it,  conference rooms and music-on-hold wouldn't work.

Tell us more about your DISA problem and we'll try to help.

Kind Regards

Selintra

Offline CharlieBrady

• +3/-0
Re: smeserver-asterisk and SME7rc2
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2006, 04:38:32 PM »
Quote from: "selintra"

As you probably know, rc2 went up onto the mirrors late on the 26th.  Among other things, it's uses the CentOS 4.3 base which means that the kernel has changed.  In 4.3 they've used the 34-ELsmp Kernel only (no UP).

That is not true. rc2 includes both uniprocessor and SMP kernels.

Offline SARK devs

• +1/-0
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2006, 07:48:47 PM »
Apologies, you are quite correct.   All of our upgrades (bar one, which we weren't sure was conducted correctly), came back up with the SMP Kernel.  We've checked the CentOS site and 4.3 contains both UP and SMP Kernels as always.

To recap for asterisk, if your system comes up "smp" then you should use zappri-MPP if it comes up "UP" then you should use zappri.

kernel-2.6.9-34.EL.i686.rpm use smeserver-asterisk-zappri-1.2.2-1.i686.rpm

kernel-smp-2.6.9-34.EL.i686.rpm use smeserver-asterisk-zappri-MPP-1.2.2-1.i686.rpm

Best

Selintra

Offline CharlieBrady

• +3/-0
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2006, 07:54:31 PM »
Quote from: "selintra"

kernel-2.6.9-34.EL.i686.rpm use smeserver-asterisk-zappri-1.2.2-1.i686.rpm

kernel-smp-2.6.9-34.EL.i686.rpm use smeserver-asterisk-zappri-MPP-1.2.2-1.i686.rpm

Shouldn't you install both on all systems? Or, if that is not possible, would it not be better to build one RPM which includes all to allow work with either kernel?

Offline SARK devs

• +1/-0
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2006, 09:22:26 PM »
Shouldn't you install both on all systems? Or, if that is not possible, would it not be better to build one RPM which includes all to allow work with either kernel?

Good input. We'll do some research and get back with you.

Selintra

Offline arne

• +0/-4
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2006, 10:21:57 PM »
It looks like there is some bugs with the DISA function. I tried a fresh new SME 7.0 R2 installation with these packages:

smeserver-asterisk-1.2.3-2.i686.rpm
smeserver-asterisk-zappri-MPP-1.2.2-1.i686.rpm
smeserver-asterisk-sounds-1.2.2-2.noarch.rpm

Configuration/use of the DISA function is just stright forward:

(extensions.conf)

exten => 1,1,Authenticate(123123123)
exten => 1,2,DISA(no-password|trunkname)

This should normally be working, but it does not. It should give back a stable dial tone to the dialer (??) but it just give some unstable "wawa's" and then the caller is auto logged off after a few seconds. Messages from the Asterisk CLI:

sme7*CLI>
sme7*CLI>
    -- Playing 'auth-thankyou' (language 'no')
    -- Executing DISA("SIP/12345678-bd0d", "no-password|trunkname") in new stack
  == Spawn extension (incomming, 1, 2) exited non-zero on 'SIP/12345678-bd0d'
sme7*CLI>

Unless I do something wrong (I don't know about), I believe that this is an error that will repeat on all installations.

By the way - It works 100 % OK for the "ordinary telephone functions" and there is no problems (that I have fount until now) dealing with ordinary incomming and outgoing telephony functions.

(I wonder if I red that the newest A@H has some problems with the DISA function as well. Could it have something to do with the newest Asterisk server itself ?)

And one other thing - I think that it is a right approach to do a Astereisk impementation to the SME server to chose a rather "minimalistic approach" like these Aterisk rpms. To bundle something like A@H will destroy your SME installation completely. I think that if "the Asterisk part" of the SME server should have a graphical interphace at all, it should be something like a easy test editor for the configuration files, like the Astlinux  http://www.astlinux.org/

(Reason: When configuring Asterisk there is so many factors outside the server itself that you will have to take into consideration. If you make an easy standard configuration via a graphical shell a la server-manager this might fit with one vendor and one kind of equipment, but not all of them. Because of this there is no way around to let the user manually edit the configuration files itself as long as the sip/iax technology is just so variated and unstandardized like it actually still is today. Editing the asterisk configuration files could be done via ssh shell or via a simular web shell a la Astlinux. With such a "minimalistic aproach" it should be possible to run the Asterisk process(es) in the sme box without messing it all up. )

Best reg Arne.

Offline SARK devs

• +1/-0
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2006, 11:03:26 PM »

We've had a look at this.  Turns out that the guys who did the MPP rpm (Lloyd Keen and his buddy down in Aus) are a lot smarter than we are at Selintra.   They've already included both kernel paths in the work.  So...  The upshot is that you can run the MPP rpm with either kernel.  Well done Lloyd and well spotted Charlie. Oh... and not so well done Selintra - must try harder. :-)

Best

Selintra

Offline SARK devs

• +1/-0
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2006, 12:09:22 AM »
It looks like there is some bugs with the DISA function.

Hi Arne

We can't simulate your problem.  DISA excutes correctly under SAIL/smeserver-asterisk. Here's our test server set-up.

[root@old1 ~]# rpm -q smeserver-asterisk
smeserver-asterisk-1.2.3-2
[root@old1 ~]# rpm -q smeserver-asterisk-zappri-MPP
smeserver-asterisk-zappri-MPP-1.2.2-1
[root@old1 ~]# rpm -q smeserver-asterisk-sounds
smeserver-asterisk-sounds-1.2.2-2
[root@old1 ~]# rpm -q selintra-sail
selintra-sail-2.1.11-181

Here is a SAIL DISA call going through...

-- AGI Script Executing Application: (Authenticate) Options: (XXXX)
    -- Playing 'agent-pass' (language 'en')
    -- Playing 'auth-thankyou' (language 'en')
    -- AGI Script Executing Application: (DISA) Options: (no-password|internal)
    -- AGI Script Executing Application: (Hangup) Options: ((null))
    -- AGI Script selintra completed, returning 0
    -- Executing AGI("IAX2/217.14.132.185:4569-4", "selintra|InCall") in new stack
    -- Launched AGI Script /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/selintra
    -- AGI Script Executing Application: (DBget) Options: (dbVal=cfim/7000)
    -- DBget: varname=dbVal, family=cfim, key=7000
    -- DBget: Value not found in database.
    -- AGI Script Executing Application: (DBget) Options: (dbVal=cfim/7000)
    -- DBget: varname=dbVal, family=cfim, key=7000
    -- AGI Script Executing Application: (DBget) Options: (dbVal=ringdelay/7000)
    -- DBget: varname=dbVal, family=ringdelay, key=7000
    -- AGI Script Executing Application: (Dial) Options: (SIP/7000|10|t)
    -- Called 7000
    -- SIP/7000-4757 is ringing

What you are seeing in the log is SAIL accepting the DISA password and then entering the DISA application and accepting a number to dial (in this case an internal extension of 7000)  then pushing it onto the stack to be executed.  You then see the CFWD processing code trace followed finally by the phone ringing.  

If this is an asterisk problem then it's not one that seems to affect SAIL.  Sorry we can't help further but this looks like a syntax or set-up problem.

Kind Regards

Selintra

Offline arne

• +0/-4
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2006, 01:02:03 AM »
Thankyou for your help !

This problem with the DISA setup is a rather strange one ..

Just for fun and to check it out I installed SME 6.0.1 and the old Asterisk rpm from 2004:

http://mirror.contribs.org/smeserver/contribs//dthomas/smeserver/6.x/Beta/Asterisk/

It apeared that the DISA problem was exactely the same using this software.

When I make a copy paste of the configuration files over to a Astlinux installation (running from a flash memory on another PC), there is no problem with the DISA function or anything else.

I wonder if the problem with the sme 6.0.1/7.0 and Asterisk can be related to the setup of my nat router so I will try to troubleshoot that .. (But still .. the Astlinux doesn't have a problem, running trough the same router, so it's rather strange ..)

Best reg Arne.