Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Compliments!!

Nick Texidor

Compliments!!
« on: January 12, 2002, 04:02:36 AM »
To all at e-smith/March and anyone that has responded to my messages on these forums...

I just wanted to sing out your praises!!   I 'found' e-smith on a coverdisk nearly a year ago, and I have to say how impressed I have been with it.  I have had NO major problems.  The P166 I installed it on has kept on going no matter what.  Powercuts, phone line problems, and more, but nothing has stopped this box.  

It has made a huge difference to the network in my office, it has made integrating our Windows NT, Linux and Mac machines a complete breeze.  I can be more comfortable with security (previously the NT machine we did our accounts on was the Internet Server... scarey huh!).  And of course our software costs have come down in price as we don't need MS OS licenses, Mac software to join NT Workgroups etc.

I have been telling anyone and everyone about e-smnith, and will continue to do so!!

The developers have done a great job, and the people who have replied to my posts have provided much help, so thank you one and all!!  

Keep up the great work!!

N

Roumen

Re: Compliments!!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2002, 07:07:18 PM »
Hi,
I am surprised and glad you had such good service from the box and the people on the discussion board.
I am novice to Linux and SME ver5. I've just installed it on P200 MHz PC and am configuring it.
I run in some troubles (see the next message posted by Roumen about Modem problems).
Probably i still cannot get the idea between NT4 server and SME box working together. I am not clear how to set up the e-mail for the users, the internet access for the users via the SME box and of course the modem initialisation and dial up.
I am trying to get any help as possible.
Anyway your e-mail was great and after reading it a do not feel isolated as being waiting in Microsoft's helpline to validate the legitimacy of my software.
Regards,

Roumen