./events/ox-send-mail/S99syncSysFiles
./events/ox-add-alias/S99syncSysFiles
./events/ox-modify-mail-user/S99syncSysFiles
./events/ox-modify-mail/S99syncSysFiles
./events/ox-del-alias/S99syncSysFiles
./events/ox-sendmail-forall/S99syncSysFiles
./events/oxuser-create/S99syncSysFiles
./events/ox-modify/S99syncSysFiles

The link: lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 23  2. Nov 10:29 S99syncSysFiles -> ../actions/syncSysFiles does not exist.

Would be nice to know, what it should be good for.

stefan
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.

Time, 1973
(Mason, Waters, Wright, Gilmour)

Offline compsos

• +0/-0
Great news on Open-xchange in sme6/7
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2006, 10:23:43 PM »
I hope Vince is watching the thread as he is probably the only one that knows!

Also have modified any of his scriipts that call
'service ldap ....'
'service tomcat...'
'service postgresql...
'service openxchange...'
to
'/etc/rc7.d/S.....' as the unsupervised service call especially on ldap runs an out of control service and fills the logs.
Regards

Gordon............

Offline SchulzStefan

• +0/-0
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2006, 11:42:56 AM »
There are some other funny things also...

restore_ox:    [ -x /etc/rc.d/init.d/oxserve-scandir ] && /etc/rc.d/init.d/oxserve-scandir start 2>&1 >/dev/null
restore_ox:    [ -x /etc/rc.d/init.d/oxserve-index ] && /etc/rc.d/init.d/oxserve-index start 2>&1 >/dev/null

There are a few faults in the scripts. In my installation there's no oxserve-scandir either oxserve-index. I mentioned these things in my messages in the past.

I told this Vincent already. May be in a newer version this things are fixed?

Time, 1973

Offline compsos

• +0/-0
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2006, 12:36:16 PM »
Yes I had seen those. Just not sure what to do with some of these orphaned scripts.

When it works it seems a great product but can be problematic when there are wild cards in the scripts.
Also have adjusted the template for the data base to reflect the local language, and date format. Some maybe interested to adj the default email folders so as it stays in tune with Horde. This is done in the
/opt/openxchange/etc/webmail/webmail.properties file.

Have you tried it on 7.1A. Seems we have some new issues with openldap.

Cheers
Regards

Gordon............

Offline SchulzStefan

• +0/-0
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2006, 01:26:35 PM »
gordon,

please tell me the version of your ox-installation. Mine is sme7-open-xchange-0.8.2.1-58.noarch.rpm. While users are working with ox, no problems occured. Backup and restore are working, I tested both successfully. One have to be extremly careful restoring a backup to a newer ox-version. The server is running with SME 7.0. All updates installed.

cheers

stefan

Time, 1973

Offline compsos

• +0/-0
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2006, 10:16:54 PM »
Hi Stefan

SME ver 7.0 (except one system on 7.1)
OX ver 0.8.2.1-58

This is the list of scripts that I have adjusted for our purposes

(service calls changed to /etc/rc7.d/S...)
realinitall_ox
insert_ldap.sh
backup_ox
restore_ox

(DB Language to en_AU)
10initbase

(Added AUD)
currencyformat

(Language to EN)
loginsme.pm

(tunable settings for calendar)
calendar

(Changed EN format to dd/MM/yyyy)
dateformat

(DEFAULT_PREF_LANG="EN")
admintools.conf

(changed default folders to sync with Horde)
webmail.properties

When you dig around the choices are awesome just a case of finding them.

Cheers
Regards

Gordon............

---rv---

Re: OPEN-XCHANGE AND LDAP FIXED AFTER UPDATE
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2006, 11:38:28 PM »
Hi,
I'm having trouble beetween OX and SME'LDAP.
Can you give me more explanation on point 2 and 4 :
Quote from: "SchulzStefan"
Well, to get back on the way:
1.) After performing the update, I removed step by step every single rpm which I had downloaded from http://smeserver.free.fr/Files/open-xchange/ox7/. Command: rpm -e alldownloadedrpm's --nodeps.
2.) I deleted manually all information of ldap, psql and open-xchange on the server.
3.) I re-installed all downloaded rpm's with yum localinstall.
4.) I fixed the rebuild_db.sh file.
5.) run initall_ox
6.) run scan_users.sh
7.) re-enter all passwords of every user in the server-manager.
There we go - open-xchange works.

Thanks
rv

---rv---

« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2006, 12:57:37 AM »
Every things ok now :
I just have to fill up every line in the SME's LDAP panel (Service, Société, Adresse, Ville, Téléphone), and run
/usr/local/open-xchange/sbin/initall_ox
rv

york

GPL ? GPL + CC ?
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2006, 06:22:52 PM »
Hello Everyone,

As per the OX Community site, starting version 0.8.2-1 onward there are three license models: Server Pack, Web Pack, and Convenience.  The differences are, and I quote the OX site:

"The difference between the Convenience, Server, Web packs is the license form. The Convenience Pack is licensed under GPL and CC. The Server Pack is pure GPL. The Web Pack is under the Creative Commons by nc-sa."

http://www.open-xchange.com/EN/developer/download.html

--

My question to you all (and perhaps Vincent in particular), is that which "pack" was the SME RPMs based upon?

The reason why I want to find out more about which license model that we are dealing with here is because I intended to use it for the company, and the last thing I want to do is to violate the license agreement.  Therefore whether the SME packages [prepared by Vincent] was taken from the GPL pack determines whether I'll actually use OX or stay with the existing W2K3 Small Business Server.

If anyone can give me a hint that will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

P.S.: I know, M$ is evil.  Unfortunately OX is not a lot cheaper yet only covers part of what W2K3 SBS has to offer.  I really want to replace M$ with Linux but I have to make a sound case to make sure my boss will buy-in.  It's just sad that OX decided to mess up with the community edition by introducing the new (and confusing) licensing models ...

Regards,

/YC:yc

centreit

Licensing
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2007, 10:39:53 AM »
York,

The packages vincent has built are based on the Web Pack and the Server Pack (The convenience pack is just these two combined).

The full function of OX is included in the Server Pack (GPL Licence) but it does not include any of the stylesheets, icons or images. The Web Pack is nothing but the style sheets, icons and images that are owned by Open-Xchange and licensed under the Creative Commons license. There is nothing stopping you using the Web Pack 'within' your company but you are not allowed to use it if you are re-selling Open-Xchange (eg. Groupware or email hosting).

Re-creating your own style sheets and images isn't too hard, it will require about a week straight of work and requires fairly good knowledge of CSS. Looking at how the web pack is done is a good way to start when creating your own theme (but don't use it as a template as this would be breaching the CC).

Regards,

Daniel

york

« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2007, 02:45:00 PM »
Hello Daniel,

> Re-creating your own style sheets and images isn't too hard, it will
> require about a week straight of work and requires fairly good
> knowledge of CSS.

Thanks for the info.  Frankly I am not good at these kind of things so I guess the W2K3 SBS is here to stay then.  Thanks again.

Regards,

york

« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2007, 03:04:58 PM »
Hello Everyone,

Actually to follow up on my own post above, I wonder if anyone is interested in a bounty to create the CC part of OX such that our company can use OX freely?  And if so what is the ballpark figure that we are talking about?  Of course we can't afford to pay too much given the size of our firm (just look at the fact we all revolve around the one and only W2K3 SBS in the office for our daily operation and you can imagine the size of the company. :-)

My email address is: york at 9675 dot ca.  Thank you very much.

Regards,

centreit

Web Pack
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2007, 03:07:31 AM »
York,

Maybe we could create a web-pack that ties in a bit more with the look and feel of SME and is released under the GPL.

Regards,

Daniel

york

« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2007, 07:20:58 PM »
Hello Daniel,

This is a good idea - either a bounty or to release as GPL will do the trick for us.

Assuming we are now exploring the GPL route, as I mentioned before I am not good at these kind of stuff (i.e. CSS, graphics etc.), therefore I can offer the following instead of "my service":

- 10G +/- of storage space.
- Bandwidth to host the server on the Internet.
- Perhaps a groupware (such as eGW on WAMPP etc.) for collaboration.
- On-going storage space and bandwidth for general public download.

Unfortunately other than these I can't think of anything else I can contribute to the project.  What do you think?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

york

« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2007, 03:03:11 AM »
O.K., I see that perhaps the GPL route is not all that attractive to many ... How about a bounty to re-create the CC part of the community OX package (called The Web Pack, I believe)?    Please contact me at: y o r k at 9 6 7 5 dot c a.

Thank you very much.

Regards,