Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

[Announce] SAIL-2.1.11-142 Beta

kangkc

« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2006, 03:21:10 AM »
Nice piece of work there. Will consider getting commercial support if this proved to work for production.

However, coming from a AMP based Asterisk implementation, a partuclar feature which is the 'Ring Group' seems to be missing. Is there a way I can define ring group (or multiple extensions) such that I can get any incoming call to ring? i can do so by coding my own routing in config files but will prefer to do that via the interfaces.

Offline del

• +0/-0
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2006, 04:44:27 AM »
Hi All,

I find this thread interesting, however this maybe a silly question but where can I find out what hardware is required to get this up and running?
Thanks in advance.
Del
If at first you don't succeed, then sky-diving is not for you!
"Life is like a coin. You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once." --Author Unknown

Offline SARK devs

• +1/-0
    • http://sarkpbx.com
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2006, 05:56:00 AM »
a partuclar feature which is the 'Ring Group' seems to be missing.

Hi

Ring group is in the -161 release (on the ftp site now) - we had this feature very low on our priority list as a business feature.  - Shows how much we know, lots of people have asked for it!  

It's easy to use, you just create a speed-dial number but instead of pointing it at one extension you can code as many as you like separated by whiespace - like this ....  5003 5002 5004 5006

Kind Regards

Selintra

Offline SARK devs

• +1/-0
    • http://sarkpbx.com
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2006, 06:14:07 AM »
where can I find out what hardware is required to get this up and running?

Any spare i686 PC with 256Mb or more will do to get you started. If you just want to place VOIP calls, then the only other thing you will need is a softphone (X-lite and SJPhone are two of the best).

To interface to your landline you will need a special PCI Board (either an X100P - 1 line, or a TDM400P - up to 4 lines), available from Digium (www.digium.com) or you can use an FXO Analogue Gateway device like the Sipura 3000 (available from Linksys).  Finally, we are currently testing our own range of TDM boards which will hopefully be available in a month or so.

Kind Regards

Selintra