Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

SME 6.01 Spamassasin problems

g00s3m4n

« on: March 16, 2006, 10:05:06 PM »
Hello..

I am having some problems with my installation, he is how it works..

I have two servers at two seperate locations the at share the same email domain name.

i have setup a virtual domain name for the one server and when mail comes in from the internet it will forward to the virtual domain email address and hence the other server.

This setup works fine and I am using it in at two or three customers, my problem is that i was having spam problems so I decided to install Jesper's spam filter.

The install goes fine, but then spam does not go into the junk mail folder or get deleted.

so, i thought nothing of it and ran the following command:

# lat-procmail -c "*|enabled|no|some|normal"

then it appears to work, HOWEVER, after running that command, it changes my user settings to "Deliver Locally and forward to the address below" and t does not forward mail, i have to go into the each remote user's account and change it to "forward mail to the address below" before it will work again.

the other problem is that whenever the server restarts, i have to repeat these processes again for the spam filter and remote user mail will work

anyone have any idea's?

thanks

Offline raem

• +4/-0
Re: SME 6.01 Spamassasin problems
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 10:01:46 PM »
g00s3m4n

There was a long post in the forums that discussed this issue with knuddi's spam filter, with possible code fix suggestions.
A search on spam filter should find it.

Offline kruhm

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 02:07:53 PM »
Here: http://forums.contribs.org/index.php?topic=25568.0

careful. Some coding my not show correctly in the page.

Also, some changes never made their way into the templates-custom directory. This means they are overwritten during a correctly performed yum update.

FYI -sme7 doesn't have this problem.

g00s3m4n

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006, 08:05:08 PM »
Hello..

Ray.. my apologies.. would appear my search skills are not what they should be!

kruhm.. thanks for your help.. will be looking into this.. i plan to upgrade all my production 6.01 boxes as soon as 7 is officially out! it would mean a road trip across the country though!

thanks again guys.!