Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

HylaFAX and RelayFAX on SME 7 pre4

Offline chaloner

• +0/-0
    • http://www.chaloner.ca
HylaFAX and RelayFAX on SME 7 pre4
« on: March 14, 2006, 12:57:03 AM »
Well I have good news and bad news.... But mostly really good news.... HylaFAX 4.25 is working very sweetly on SME 7. I have a few hopefully minor issues remaining with my RelayFAX integration recipes.

HylaFAX is working perfectly for inbound faxing, and outbound from the Linux console as well.

The best news is that RelayFAX is now working, after a few modifications to the procmail files. It seems there are minor differences in how the recipes are handled with the revision differences in procmail, I THINK.

In any case, I have succesfully modified the recipes and now RelayFAX is also working JUST FINE....

The bad news sort of, is that the .qmail file continues to be overwritten in the user directory. This results in the .procmail file never being executed.

Any geniuses out there? If I make the .qmail file READ ONLY, will this work? Any other ideas?

Chaloner Hale
email@chaloner.ca

Offline chaloner

• +0/-0
    • http://www.chaloner.ca
Re: HylaFAX and RelayFAX on SME 7 pre4
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 03:10:06 PM »
Making .qmail read only does nothing. Using chattr -i does not work either. I was modified the relayfax recipes to work properly yet they keep getting overwritten.

Chaloner Hale

Quote from: "chaloner"
Well I have good news and bad news.... But mostly really good news.... HylaFAX 4.25 is working very sweetly on SME 7. I have a few hopefully minor issues remaining with my RelayFAX integration recipes.

HylaFAX is working perfectly for inbound faxing, and outbound from the Linux console as well.

The best news is that RelayFAX is now working, after a few modifications to the procmail files. It seems there are minor differences in how the recipes are handled with the revision differences in procmail, I THINK.

In any case, I have succesfully modified the recipes and now RelayFAX is also working JUST FINE....

The bad news sort of, is that the .qmail file continues to be overwritten in the user directory. This results in the .procmail file never being executed.

Any geniuses out there? If I make the .qmail file READ ONLY, will this work? Any other ideas?

Chaloner Hale
email@chaloner.ca

Offline psoren

• +0/-0
Re: HylaFAX and RelayFAX on SME 7 pre4
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 12:12:22 AM »
Chal,

How often does it get overwritten?
My .qmail file has not been overwritten, at least since Feb. 15

Per