Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

I bay & ftp

jdmonc

I bay & ftp
« on: March 07, 2006, 10:25:36 PM »
Hello

I do not know if this is a bug or a error on my part. But I am trying to setup something for one of my clients  he already has one I bay on one  my Boxes. I am trying to setup a way for him to update his content via ftp. I know in SME V5 you could cd  form a user account  ../../ibays/ibayname/html I have sme 6.5 and  this does not seem to work.

Offline raem

• +4/-0
Re: I bay & ftp
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 01:32:27 AM »
jdmonco

>... I am trying to setup a way for him to update his content via ftp.

Read Chapter 14.2 of the sme users manual (sme6) very carefully & slowly, where it clearly says:

To access the i-bay using FTP, you use your FTP client to connect to your server and use the i-bay name as the login id.....
It is possible to upload files using FTP, but to do so you must login to the server with a valid user name, not the i-bay name. That user account must be a member of the group that has been given write permission for the i-bay (configured on the i-bay screen). You would then change to the i-bay directory (using the ftp command "cd ../../ibays/ibayname"). You will now be able to upload files from your FTP client to the appropriate directories.