Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

[Announce] SAIL Asterisk 2.1.10 Beta Available

Offline SARK devs

• +1/-0
    • http://sarkpbx.com
« on: March 06, 2006, 07:14:11 PM »
Hello everyone,

SME Asterisk Integration Layer (SAIL) V2R1.10, Build 113 is now ready for general test.  We put it up to our ftp site at around 18:00 (GMT) today, 6th March 2006.

New Features in 2.1.10 include Queues/Agents support and Areski CDR Stats integration plus better validation routines on non-freeform panels.  We’ve also updated the docs wiki and added a few HowTos for some of the more commonly used procedures.

Late installation notes (please read to avoid tears at bedtime) can be found at: -

http://selintra.com/docs/cgi-bin/view/Main/DownLoadPages

ftp site address can be found at: -

http://selintra.com/docs/cgi-bin/view/Main/DownLoadPages

Quickstart install documentation can be found at: -

http://selintra.com/docs/cgi-bin/view/Main/SysKwik

Full Manual can found on our Wiki at

http://www.selintra.com/docs

/docs is a Wiki so we would suggest you register with the site and update it with your comments/findings/tips.

asterisk-SME7-1.2.3, Build 100 is also ready and should be installed ahead of SAIL.

Please be patient, the rpms are big and the site is very busy.

There are three rpms.  

asterisk-SME7-1.2.3-100.i686.rpm, which includes all of the add-ons, zaptel and libpri drivers.
selintra-sail-2.1.10-113.noarch.rpm
A perl module rpm called TermReadKey which you will need for the Digium board sniffer in SAIL/Asterisk.  You don’t need this rpm if you don’t have any Digium boards.  

You don’t have to register to download the software but it would be nice if you did.  It means we can keep a rough track of you all and how many images we have out there.

WARNING.

asterisk-SME7 WILL NOT RUN WITH ANY KERNEL OTHER THAN

2.6.9-22.0.2.EL

THIS CORRESPONDS TO SME7pre2, SME7pre3 & SME7pre4 ONLY.  
IF IN DOUBT DO uname –r ON YOUR SYSTEM BEFORE ATTEMPTING THE INSTALL.

We will open up our bugzilla image later in the week for general fault reporting.

Selintra

Offline psoren

• +0/-0
Re: [Announce] SAIL Asterisk 2.1.10 Beta Available
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 11:14:43 PM »
Hi,

This looks very interesting, i will try it as soon as possible, but:

"asterisk-SME7-1.2.3-100.i686.rpm"

Does this mean that i won't run on my Mini-ITX board with onboard C3 CPU? This is detected as an i585 CPU and not i686.
Any chance for me and all the rest that uses these nice powersaving boards?

Per

Offline jester

• +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 11:37:54 AM »
Hi!

Quick question: is there any HFC-card support ?! For my home-office server want to connect my ISDN-line to a cheap HFC BRI card (Digium cards are a bit expensive).

regards,
jester.

Offline SARK devs

• +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 12:22:25 PM »
Does this mean that i won't run on my Mini-ITX board with onboard C3 CPU? This is detected as an i585 CPU and not i686.
Any chance for me and all the rest that uses these nice powersaving boards?

Hello Per

Asterisk-SME7 will fail if you try to bring it up on the C3.  In theory it should be possible to get Asterisk to run on the C3 by specifying 586 in the Make, but it’s not trivial because it’s also pretty hard work to get Zaptel to run in a CentOS udev environment.  The Makefiles don't work properly and we ended up having to incorporate big chunks of the Zaptel Make into our rpm.

All we can suggest is that you install Asterisk manually from sources, do the Makes with i586 specified  then download our SRPM and rebuild a new i586.rpm from the two halves.   SAIL itself will run without mods on the C3.  

Sorry Per

Selintra

Offline JonB

• +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 12:47:53 PM »
Unfortunately even Asterisk@Home will not run on a Via C3 without installing the .iso and having A@H fail, changing the build enviroment to 586 and rebuilding.

Works sweet once you have done that tho.

Jon

Offline Franco

• +0/-0
    • http://contribs.org
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 02:21:24 PM »
Selintra,
On the documentation you mentioned a package for 6.5, but it's not on the FTP. Could you make that available?

Thanks,

Offline psoren

• +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 02:50:27 PM »
Hello Selintra

I was afraid you where going to say that.....

Quote from: "selintra"

All we can suggest is that you install Asterisk manually from sources, do the Makes with i586 specified  then download our SRPM and rebuild a new i586.rpm from the two halves.   SAIL itself will run without mods on the C3.  

I just have NO idea how to do RPM's
But i have before installed Asterisk from source and got it working.
Then i found A@H and installed that on a separate box with another C3 CPU the same way as Jon suggests, works fine.
But i would really like to integrate SME and Asterisk, but i didn't like A@H and SME7 together and was hoping yours would be better.

Thanks
Per

Offline SARK devs

• +1/-0
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2006, 05:57:15 PM »
Quick question: is there any HFC-card support ?! For my home-office server want to connect my ISDN-line to a cheap HFC BRI card (Digium cards are a bit expensive).

HFC-cards require Bristuff/zaphfc to be compiled into the system. Unfortunately we don’t have any BRI lines here at Selintra (almost no-one uses them in the UK anymore).  However, if anyone would like to volunteer to modify the asterisk rpm then we’d be more than happy to support you.

Offline SARK devs

• +1/-0
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2006, 09:26:17 PM »
Then i found A@H and installed that on a separate box with another C3 CPU the same way as Jon suggests, works fine.
But i would really like to integrate SME and Asterisk, but i didn't like A@H and SME7 together and was hoping yours would be better.

Hello Per

There is a small gift for you on our FTP site.  It would appear that one of our developers also likes the C3 chip.  No promises for the rpm but we've been playing with it this afternoon on a VIA Eden board and it seems to work OK.  :-)

Selintra

Offline JonB

• +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2006, 05:39:00 AM »
Selintra,

How do you want bugs reported.

asterisk .100
selintra-sail .113

CDR Stats is not working. The database is not being populated.
CDR stats is enabled.
asterisk database exists.

Error in Asterisk is

Mar  7 18:05:58 NOTICE[11682] cdr.c: CDR simple logging enabled.
Mar  7 18:05:58 NOTICE[11682] indications.c: Removed default indication country 'nz'
Mar  7 18:05:58 ERROR[11682] res_config_mysql.c: MySQL RealTime: Failed to connect database server  on . Check debug for more info.
Mar  7 18:05:58 WARNING[11682] res_config_mysql.c: MySQL RealTime: Couldn't establish connection. Check debug.

I have also found that I cannot dial *50* or *51* from a Grandstream BudgeTone 100 sip phone. I can dial *5 but as soon as I hit the 0 or 1 the call is disconnected. If I put *50* as the code for the message button on the phone then it works fine and I am prompted for the mailbox password.

All other system keys work fine.

Jon

Offline SARK devs

• +1/-0
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2006, 06:45:14 AM »
How do you want bugs reported.

We can either open our bugzilla site up or request a category for SAIL on the contribs bugzilla.  We were going to open ours but then it occured to us that maybe it would be more convenient for the community if we used contribs.  Views?

Thanks for the info Jon - we have four or five BT102's but they all have the *50* in the message default so we didn't know about this.  

We'll have a look at the logging today.

Thanks very much Jon.

Selintra  

[/quote]

Offline SARK devs

• +1/-0
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2006, 10:17:58 AM »
I have also found that I cannot dial *50* or *51* from a Grandstream BudgeTone 100 sip phone

Hello Jon,

We're pretty sure this is because you have Enable Call Features set to "Yes" on your BT100.  Set it to "No" and it will work fine.   We simulated it on a GS BT102 and a GXS2000 this morning and it's the same for both.  *5xx numbers won't get transmitted to Asterisk if the Enable Call Feature is set to Yes.  We don't know why at this point but *5 is obviously of some significance to the GS software.

Selintra

Offline jester

• +1/-0
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2006, 12:37:36 PM »
HFC-cards require Bristuff/zaphfc to be compiled into the system. Unfortunately we don’t have any BRI lines here at Selintra (almost no-one uses them in the UK anymore).  However, if anyone would like to volunteer to modify the asterisk rpm then we’d be more than happy to support you.

I wish i could do it myself, but i'm to much of a newbie! I could compile the zaphfc kernel module for you (using the install-ZAPHFC script supplied with *) but that's about as far as my knowledge goes.

Offline SARK devs

• +1/-0
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2006, 02:56:48 PM »
CDR Stats is not working. The database is not being populated.

Hello Jon,

We've tracked this down.  It's a small problem in the regeneration code for one of the .conf files.  Anyway, to cut a long story short, we'll put a new rpm up later today or early tomorrow which will fix this and a few other issues we've found.

Thanks Again

Selintra

Offline NickCritten

• +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2006, 07:02:06 PM »
This is absolutely bloody WONDERFUL!! :-D  :-D

Thankyou for sorting out my major headache with this!!

Your Documentation is brilliant, the installation is flawless, it even detected my X100P clone first try and set it up properly. (Which has been another headache..)
I've tried about 6 different Asterisk Distros & Live CD's and none of them are as good as this, and it integrates it into an SME server too! FAB :-)

One tiny little thing.. I just canot get X-Lite to talk to SME/SAIL.
Its probably something really stupid.. I've got no problems setting up IAX softphones, Menus, voicemails or anything else I've tried, but x-lite just refuses to play:

sip.conf
Code: [Select]

[general]
tos=0x18
localnet=192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0
context=mainmenu
maxexpirey=180
defaultexpirey=160
disallow=all
allow=alaw
allow=ulaw

;Internal IP phones

[5000]
type=friend
username=phone1
secret=5000
host=dynamic
qualify=3000
context=internal
callerid="phone1" <5000>
canreinvite=no
mailbox=5000
pickupgroup=1
callgroup=1
disallow=all
allow=alaw
allow=ulaw

;External Sip lines
<--snip-->

X-Lite Settings:

Display Name: phone1
User Name:phone1
Authorization User:<same as user name>
Password:5000
Domain/Realm: 192.168.30.3
SIP Proxy:192.168.30.3

I'm just constanly getting the following coming up under asterisk:

Connected to Asterisk 1.2.3 currently running on avatar (pid = 3361)
Mar  8 17:54:02 NOTICE[3424]: chan_sip.c:10851 handle_request_register: Registration from 'phone1 <sip:phone1@192.168.30.3>' failed for '192.168.30.29' - Username/auth name mismatch
Mar  8 17:54:04 NOTICE[3424]: chan_sip.c:10851 handle_request_register: Registration from 'phone1 <sip:phone1@192.168.30.3>' failed for '192.168.30.29' - Username/auth name mismatch
Mar  8 17:54:07 NOTICE[3424]: chan_sip.c:10851 handle_request_register: Registration from 'phone1 <sip:phone1@192.168.30.3>' failed for '192.168.30.29' - Username/auth name mismatch

Like I said it's probably something blaringly obvious, but I've literally been trying this for HOURS, googling, searching, debugging. I'm gonna go nuts soon!

Once again, fantastic work. Thankyou Very Much!
Nick

"No good deed goes unpunished." :-x...