Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

[Announce] RPM's for Kronolith, Nag, Mnemo, and Gollem

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
« on: March 05, 2006, 06:24:56 AM »
Item has been edited by me.  I have included the most update info below.

kronolith reminders still don't work at this timebecause of php version included in SME7/CentOS 4.2.  It's the CGI version instead of the CLI version.
The CLI version won't appear until RHEL5, per this link that I got from one of the CentOS developers https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=137704
I have not tested the fedora core 4 php rpm's, but do plan so sometime in the future.

Thanks,

JB

Offline hanscees

• +0/-0
    • nl.linkedin.com/in/hanscees/
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 07:43:52 PM »
Hi,

what do all these things do? Share the user filesywetem over html or something?
What are securityrisks involved if you enable this: what mecganisms are used to share files?
 Is there something you can say about this?

Hans-Cees
nl.linkedin.com/in/hanscees/

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 07:51:36 PM »
Quote from: "hanscees"
Hi,

what do all these things do? Share the user filesywetem over html or something?
What are securityrisks involved if you enable this: what mecganisms are used to share files?
 Is there something you can say about this?

Hans-Cees

www.horde.org is where you can find more detailed info.

Nag - tasks
Mnemo - notes
Kronolith - Calendar
Gollem - File Manager

These are the same components that I provided with the horde upgrade script that people had asked for.  

JB

Offline p-jones

• +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 10:29:22 AM »
If anyone has installed this and modified the template, can they please expand on the "change gollem-block inactive" bit. Looking at the template fragment, it's not clear to me exactly what needs changing.

Thanks
P

Modify gollem default template
620AppRegistryGollem
change gollem to active
change gollem-block inactive

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 02:31:06 PM »
Quote from: "p-jones"
If anyone has installed this and modified the template, can they please expand on the "change gollem-block inactive" bit. Looking at the template fragment, it's not clear to me exactly what needs changing.

Thanks
P

Modify gollem default template
620AppRegistryGollem
change gollem to active
change gollem-block inactive

Change the status line, that's it.  In gollem you can define more than 1 ftp server, and if you do, you can then use the gollem-block to display those choices.  Since, currently most will use just one server, there is no need to show the block.

HTH,

JB

Offline p-jones

• +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2006, 08:31:42 PM »
Thanks for the clarification. Outside of that minor confusion, the install was seamless and the results excellent. Thanks for the contrib.

Rgds
P

Offline hordeusr

• +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2006, 09:57:57 PM »
Just a quick question.  Has anyone done anything with the vacation module...or the filtering using procmail (controlled by Horde filtering)?.....   I had both of those working on SME 6.0 with this newer version of Horde some time ago.  If not I'll do some digging and see how I did it.  It looks like all the admin functions of Horde are also disabled by default.  The admin section is quite nice with the new Horde 3.  It's all templated within SME so I'll probably have to install Horde to an ibay to really customize it (or remove the Horde templates).  Thanks for those rpms.....

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 05:32:59 AM »
Quote from: "hordeusr"
Just a quick question.  Has anyone done anything with the vacation module...or the filtering using procmail (controlled by Horde filtering)?.....   I had both of those working on SME 6.0 with this newer version of Horde some time ago.  If not I'll do some digging and see how I did it.  It looks like all the admin functions of Horde are also disabled by default.  The admin section is quite nice with the new Horde 3.  It's all templated within SME so I'll probably have to install Horde to an ibay to really customize it (or remove the Horde templates).  Thanks for those rpms.....

hordeusr, where you been hiding?

If you have done a yum update and are using horde 3.0.9, then use this for /etc/e-smith/templates/home/httpd/html/horde/config/conf.php/120Authentication

// 120Authentication
{
use esmith::DomainsDB;
my $ddb = esmith::DomainsDB->open_ro or die "Couldn't open DomainsDB\n";
$OUT .= "\$conf['auth']['admins'] = array(" .
join(", ", map { qq('admin@) . $_->key . qq(') } $ddb->domains) . ");" ;
}
$conf['auth']['checkip'] = true;
$conf['auth']['params']['app'] = 'imp';
$conf['auth']['driver'] = 'application';

Then either do a signal-event email-update or just re-expand the horde/config/conf.php file.  This will add admin@ all of your defined domains as a horde admin.  Then you can login as admin and go to the administration section.  I'm looking at trying to get this added sometime after sme70 goes GA.  

So, as long as you don't trigger an email-update or post-upgrade, your should be fine.  By default, the admin user can not update the various conf.php files.  You'd have to cut and paste that yourself.  If you mess up bad, then email-update should put you back into working order.

I did try one of those modules, but I couldn't get it to work after messing with it for a short time, so I gave up.  

If you come up with something good that needs testing, let us all know.

JB

Offline hordeusr

• +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2006, 03:31:18 PM »
Hiding under a rock I think (actually my job).  Just kinda waiting for 7.0 to get done.  I've tried many of the beta/alpha versions and they all worked good for me.  Anyway, my notes tell me that I need only get procmail working within INGO....vacation becomes part of that when procmail is configured.  Of course that will take some work depending on how INGO works with 7.0--it didn't like 6.0, something to do with how INGO created procmail scripts that have a time calculation as well as other issues.  Vacation reply to each sender only once per X amount of days, and X could be configured via INGO (cool, but not really needed).  I had to remove that part.  I'll give it a go sometime soon and see what happens.  Vacation must work before I can switch to the new version--my users use it often.

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2006, 04:35:57 AM »
For testing purposes only!!!!

With the help from the devinfo forum, I have updated my initial RPM's and temporarily forked the e-smith-horde, imp, turba, and ingo RPM's for testing.  If testing looks good, then I will work on trying to get all of the changes incorporated into the appropriate e-smith RPM's after the GA release.

Install the RPM's, then signal-event post-upgrade ; signal-event reboot

In summary, here is what you can do:
Some people like to use the horde sidebar menu to choose which horde module to use, and some like to use the webmail main menu for this.  You can disable what is currently being called the MenuArray by doing this:
Code: [Select]

config setprop horde MenuArray disabled
signal-event email-update

refresh your webmail screen and you should not see any horde add-on icons (i.e turba, imp, etc.) being shown on the webmail menu

to change back to the default setting:

config delprop horde MenuArray

Refresh webmail screen

Or, you can disable the individual add-on icons from showing up on the webmail menu by doing this:

config set kronolith service
config setprop kronolith MenuArray disabled

Refresh webmail screen, the kronolith (calendar) icon should now not be present in the mail webmail menu screen.

to revert back:

config delprop kronolith MenuArray

Refresh webmail screen

I am now including mimp as well.  If you are going to usel mimp, then the composite driver needs to be used so that you can initially login to imp or mimp. For this do:

config set mimp service

Also note that the mimp icon does not show up in the main webmail menu or the sidebar.  In registry.php mimp is set to hidden.

All other available modules will show up in the sidebar.

Another thing that has been added is the ability for the admin user for all of the domains that you have defined, the ability to view the horde setup under administration.  By default on SME 7, the admin user does not have the ability to update these files, just view only.

The updated files are located at http://mirror.contribs.org/smeserver/contribs/jbennett/sme7/horde

comments/questions are welcomed via the bug-tracker.  All of the add-on modules have a category setup under contribs.  Questions about the changes to horde, imp, turba, ingo can be made here, since those are not currently official changes.

Thanks,

JB

Ard

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2006, 04:01:31 PM »
Dear JB,

I'm testing your kronolith rpm's. They seem to work, except for the MenuArray settings. It seems that the template /etc/e-smith/templates/home/httpd/html/horde/conf.menu.apps.php is not expanded. When I manually expand it, I get errors.

Regards, Ard

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2006, 04:15:55 PM »
Quote from: "Ard"
Dear JB,

I'm testing your kronolith rpm's. They seem to work, except for the MenuArray settings. It seems that the template /etc/e-smith/templates/home/httpd/html/horde/conf.menu.apps.php is not expanded. When I manually expand it, I get errors.

Regards, Ard

Ard,

I'll get looking into this later in the week.  I have not tested this since RC2 was released.  The menu array relies on the modified e-smith-horde RPM that I put together.  I need to look at what's changed with this RPM in RC2 and make the appropriate changes on my end.  

I had been waiting on the GA release of SME 7 before I made any additional changes, but I need to test these again as well.

JB

Offline Amir Inbar

• +0/-0
    • http://www.sheroot.net
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2006, 07:06:58 AM »
After running yum update - logging to horde shows only the upper toolbar and a blank page below it.

I have another Sme server - on that one i didn't upgrade horde to 3.1 - the yum update didn't harm horde.

Any idea ?

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2006, 11:13:02 PM »
Quote from: "Ard"
Dear JB,

Regards, Ard

Ard,

I have updated the e-smith-horde RPM with my proposed changes.  I also updated the smeserver-kronolith rpm so now the admin does not get an email every 5 minutes when the cron entry was ran.  So, now kronolith reminders should work correctly.

You can go here, do get the RPMS:
http://mirror.contribs.org/smeserver/contribs//jbennett/sme7/horde/RPMS/  The updates to horde, imp, turba and ingo are updates that I hope to get included in the base once 7 goes GA.  Have a look at the change logs to get an understanding of what I have done.

JB

rich

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2006, 03:06:06 AM »
hey mrjhb3 . . .

Thanks for all your efforts with this . . .

I have upgraded to your new RPMs and now my cron error is fixed.
Only problem is I am not getting any email reminders.

Any tips where to begin troubleshooting?

Thanks again.