[Announce] RPM's for Kronolith, Nag, Mnemo, and Gollem

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
« Reply #105 on: October 24, 2006, 07:14:00 PM »
Quote from: "calisun"
Hi John
I have not tested it with your 3.1.X version, but with your 3.0.X stable release, if there are any users who have created any colors/labels  in their personal calendar prior to me making changes in  // categories and // category colors, they will not see the colors from shared calendar I have created in prefs.php, they only see default white.
Only the users who have not created any personal colors/labels can see the shared calendar colors.

Do you know how to work around this?

Thank you

Only 1 I can think of.  Use phpmyadmin (or mysql from the CLI if you have the skill), and add the new preferences to each of the users.  The settings should be in the horde_prefs table.  You will need to make sure you get the syntax correct.  Or, remove the settings alltogether, which will remove your user settings and they won't be happy.

I still think this might be worthy of a feature request on the horde site to allow for Categories that can be set by the Admin, and not editable by users.

John

Offline calisun

• +0/-0
« Reply #106 on: October 27, 2006, 01:38:16 AM »
Wow, I din't realize how much Horde is disconnected from SME Server. At first, I have found out that calendar does not recognize groups made in SME Server, and I have to enter them seperetly in Horde (you have already answered this in Bug List, thanks) Now I have found out that if a person has a shared calendar and that person is removed from SME server, their shared calendar still shows. ( I will create a new bug for this)
SME user and community member since 2005.
Want to install Wordpress in iBay of SME Server?
See my step-by-step How-To wiki here:
http://wiki.contribs.org/Wordpress_Multisite

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
« Reply #107 on: October 27, 2006, 04:20:39 AM »
Quote from: "calisun"
Wow, I din't realize how much Horde is disconnected from SME Server. At first, I have found out that calendar does not recognize groups made in SME Server, and I have to enter them seperetly in Horde (you have already answered this in Bug List, thanks) Now I have found out that if a person has a shared calendar and that person is removed from SME server, their shared calendar still shows. ( I will create a new bug for this)

These aren't bugs, that's the way horde operates.  It's not tied to SME at all except for being bundled in.  AFAIK, this is going to be the same for any groupware product.  I have not seen one yet that will remove a users entries from a DB, if you remove them from your system, whether you are running SME Server, Clark Connect (last time I checked), or Red Hat itself, have you?

The calendar still shows up because the user info is still in MySQL.  Try using phpmyadmin (or command line mysql) and removing all the user entries and see if the shared calendar still shows up.  I'm guessing it won't.

It may be possible in the future to do more if/when LDAP is more tightly integrated into SME.  Charlie has an rpm that will allow you to authenticate via LDAP, and I tried for a bit to get horde to authenicate via ldap, but was unsuccessfull.  If/when we get this to work, then it's possible to further extend ldap to properly store group names with the user associations, and from what I read, get horde to query ldap for the group names.  But, this still doesn't help with removing users.  

With the comments I posted in Bug 2014, it could be possible to take the current un-proven script and adapt that to an action that could be run when a user is deleted, but it would take someone with a bit more knowledge than I at the moment to further test it.

John Bennett