Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Horde for groupware?

strombergtec

Horde for groupware?
« on: February 27, 2006, 06:37:19 PM »
Doing some research for my much needed groupware situation I have come across some interesting info regarding horde and groupware.  

(1) It looks like there is a free outlook plugin to sync with horde calendar, notes, contacts etc. "Sync4j" http://www.funambol.com/opensource/

(2) It appears to work only with the Development version of horde 3.1 right now.  Possibly becoming stable soon!

Is anyone using this right now?  This may be an easy way to get groupware on the sme box using the existing horde framework and groupware modules.

I am going to try and get the dev version of horde running on the server, but i am hoping someone with some more sme /  horde knowledge could be of some help.

Thanks
Mike

strombergtec

Trouble installing horde dev packages...
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 06:58:05 PM »
I am having a little trouble getting the horde 3.1-RC3 dev package working so i can do some testing.  Is there anyone who can give me a little info on rolling some of the dev packages into sme rpms for testing?

Maybe it is not as easy as I think it is?

I did try it on my FC4 server and the outlook sync works...

Thanks

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
Re: Trouble installing horde dev packages...
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 09:58:31 PM »
Quote from: "strombergtec"
I am having a little trouble getting the horde 3.1-RC3 dev package working so i can do some testing.  Is there anyone who can give me a little info on rolling some of the dev packages into sme rpms for testing?

Maybe it is not as easy as I think it is?

I did try it on my FC4 server and the outlook sync works...

Thanks

If you can wait until some time after the GA release of sme 7, then I would be willing to help.  Currently, I am trying to get nag, mnemo, kronolith, and gollem ready.  They are mostly ready,  I just need to come up with a different way to populate the various conf-menu lines in the various conf.php files.  Also work out a way with the devs to make sure the apps get changed to active in horde's registry.php.

JB

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
Horde for groupware?
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 05:56:13 AM »
If you are interested:
I've just uploaded SME 7 RPM's for Kronolith, Nag, Mnemo, and Gollem to http://mirror.contribs.org/smeserver/contribs//jbennett/sme7/

Thanks goes to Greg Swallow for getting these started.

There were some older ones in these directories, so give the mirrors time to sync.

Here are some additional details you need to know to do.

Grant the horde user additional rights

From the console or ssh console

Code: [Select]

mysql

GRANT SELECT , INSERT , UPDATE , DELETE , CREATE ON horde . * TO 'horde'@'localhost';
flush privileges;

exit

Modify gollem default template

cd /etc/e-smith/templates/home/httpd/html/horde/config/registry.php
pico -w 620AppRegistryGollem

change gollem to active
change gollem-block inactive

signal-event post-upgrade ; signal-event reboot

For gollem to work
server-manager/remote access
ftp settings
   Allow access only from local networks
   Accept password only from local networks

gollem
 Defaults to users home dir, but users can click on root and see other users dir can't currently find a way to not allow access to root

kronolith reminders won't work because of php version included in SME7/CentOS 4.2.  It's the CGI version instead of the CLI version.

JB