Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

creating a user for account opening

prasann4u

« on: March 03, 2006, 09:30:03 AM »
hi friends,
i am using smev6.0 and trying to upgrade it to sme7..
i want to give only account opening rights to one user, who can register(create new mail accounts) new users.
how it can be possible.. i want to give rights to use only that module only..
please help.

and one thing more.. currently i have only 100 mail users, want to create about 17000 users so sme will work fine with this much of usrs? its only for mail..and i dont want to go for corporate mail servers. is anyone using sme with this much accounts?

thnks a lot in advance

Offline CharlieBrady

• +3/-0
Re: creating a user for account opening
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 05:17:46 PM »
Quote from: "prasann4u"

and one thing more.. currently i have only 100 mail users, want to create about 17000 users so sme will work fine with this much of usrs?

I'm quite sure that you'd be the first to every try with such a large number of accounts.

I'd be quite surprised if you didn't run into some sort of trouble.

prasann4u

its amaizing i've created 18000 users and working fine
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 08:44:29 AM »
hi all,
i have automatically created 18000 users in sme7 for one indian regional stok exchange for daily bill cum contract notes mail distribution.

its working fine with ide 160 GB hdd and zeon 2.0 GHZ processor and 512 ram. others orgs are using pirated ms exchange server with poor perfomance...

Offline jfarschman

• +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 03:58:24 PM »
Prasan,

How did this work out?  My guess is that there are some problems with the user volume.  Probably not enough concurrent connection for POP or some other issues.

I keep wanting to test a box with 2500 users, but do not have time.  :D
Jay Farschman
ICQ - 60448985
jay@hitechsavvy.com

prasann4u

thanks for reply
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 10:09:32 AM »
hi dear,
thanks for reply,
after doing it i left that company. users created successfully but server hardware is too slow for it .. and they are using backoffice software for sending automatic mails, in that they are facing probs.. but as i left company i m busy with new job.. by saying by heart, SME is excellent server and there are much more possibility for more features.. here i dont have mail server.. now working with IPcop distribution with content filtering by clamav and much more mods... anyway thanks for reply..its like motivating anyone..
bye
take care

Prasann Achayra
Sr. IT executive
Angel broking limited
prasann.acharya@gmail.com
yahoo IM : anonymous_here4u