Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

OpenXchange On SME 6.01 - Admin Login ?

york

« on: February 27, 2006, 03:32:23 PM »
Hello Everyone,

I have a stupid question which may or may not be SME-related.  Anyway ... I installed OpenXchange per the contrib and also loaded the OX Panel for Server Manager.  Things are working find and all the users were able to start using a nicer web mail interface etc.

However I am unable to login as "admin" - ERROR: Authentification failed.  None of my efforts including running the "initall_ox" and"scan_users.sh" pair over a dozen times help.

Therefore if anyone out there has any experience with SME and OX please do point me to the right direction.  The only other contrib I installed on the box at this point is Fetch Mail - other contribs including the "Plus Pack" will come after I get "admin" to login to OX successfully.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

/YC:yc

Offline KaiNeR

• +0/-0
    • http://www.fire-blade.co.uk
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 05:13:07 AM »
I also have these problems but i'm using SME7pre4, how are you syncing your users passwords with OX

thanks
Dave
KaiNeR  :pint: ......

york

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 03:06:39 AM »
Hello Dave,

As far as my understanding goes, there's no need to sync passwords once I installed OX per the instruction.   I mean I never run into this problem - at least not yet.

Also correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it not true that this is what 'scan-users' is for?  Thanks.

Regards,

Offline KaiNeR

• +0/-0
    • http://www.fire-blade.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 03:58:15 AM »
Hi York

well i must have a different problem, as i followed the process to install ox and its been fine with all my existing users, but i upgraded the server from SME7pre3 to pre4 and since the upgrade i have created a new user and he cannot access OX, but all my other users are fine
cant get my head round why it aint working wih new users
??
KaiNeR  :pint: ......

york

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 05:47:25 AM »
Hello Dave,

Unfortunately since I am still on 6.01 I really don't know what to say.  Hopefully someone who has OX installed on v7 pre? can give you a hand ...

Good luck.

Regards,

Offline jmvelez

• +0/-0
    • http://velezcomputer.com
admin
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2006, 12:52:46 AM »
I did an existing server with 30 users and I had to re-enter the password for the existing users including the Admin.  If I created a new user OX will sync.  Try changing the password to Admin so it will resync.  The server was running SME ver 6

wallyrp

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2006, 05:59:26 AM »
Good Evening,

Has anyone had a solution for this or figured out how to login as admin into Open-Xchange? If not, has anyone had any success with oxadm or ATFrogs external administration programs for Open-Xchange? I've successfully installed the program on my 6.x box but want to expand it. Example, I would like to create more public stuff such as calendars and/or address books. Maybe I'm blind or something and/or not reading the doc's correctly but, I'd like to make it more of a groupware package instead of a per user package, if that makes sense.

Later,

Wally