Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

dialup (where do I ask this question)?

robbie

dialup (where do I ask this question)?
« on: February 18, 2006, 05:03:11 PM »
Hi all

I can't get broadband where I live, we only get dialup. I dialup 2 or 3 times a day and hang up when finished, night time I might stay on for a few hours.

We used to use a contrib from Stephen Noble at dungog.net which gave you a page in the web interface to control your modem. This no longer works with 7.

Is there any way to control the modem like this from Linux and Windows.

Robbie

Offline CharlieBrady

• +3/-0
Re: dialup (where do I ask this question)?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 08:15:57 PM »
Quote from: "robbie"

We used to use a contrib from Stephen Noble at dungog.net which gave you a page in the web interface to control your modem. This no longer works with 7.

Please use the "Bug Tracker" link, and report that as a bug report against the contrib.

robbie

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 06:10:40 AM »
Sorry should have worded that better. He's no longer maintaining that contrib. Is there anything else I can use to control the modem from Linux and Windows.

Robbie  :-)

Offline CharlieBrady

• +3/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 04:03:12 PM »
Quote from: "robbie"
Sorry should have worded that better. He's no longer maintaining that contrib.

You should still report the problem in the bug tracker. He may not maintain the contrib, but someone else could take up maintenance of the contrib. They can do that better if they know what's wrong with it. You should also record in the bug report your evidence that Stephen is not maintaining the contrib.