Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Outlook2000, SME7 and sending appointments

Offline jfarschman

• +0/-0
« on: February 16, 2006, 06:17:24 PM »
Hi,

I need help replicating this.

Some Outlook users apparently create calendar appointments and then include others in the appointment... then send these appointments to one another.  This not Exchange, but a simple way to send appointments.

The cool thing about this.... you can click a button in the email to accept the appointment into your calendar... or decline.  Nice.

Except, something in SME 7 is eating these Outlook2k messages.

My problem is I deleted all my appointments and I think maybe I'm doing something wrong in generating new ones.  So I cannot replicate the working behavior.  I am loath to create a bug tracker entry when I don't really understand how it's supposed to work.   :oops:
Jay Farschman
ICQ - 60448985
jay@hitechsavvy.com

Offline jfarschman

• +0/-0
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 06:52:08 PM »
Hmmm,

Well, I still haven't figured it out, but I think it has something to do with a script called tnef2mime.  This script converts the Microsoft TNEF into MIME so it can be scanned for viruses.  Nice.

http://www.neddix.com/sme7/smeserver-qpsmtpd-tnef2mime/plugin/tnef2mime

So I looked for the property (tnef2mime=enabled) and found it... disabled it...

/sbin/e-smith/db configuration show smtpd
db configuration setprop smtpd tnef2mime disabled
signal-event email-update

But it did not solve the problem... or maybe I don't know what I'm doing.
Jay Farschman
ICQ - 60448985
jay@hitechsavvy.com

Offline JonB

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 03:34:59 AM »
No, you have done it correctly. There is a template bug that causes tnef2mime to always be enabled.

Check the bug tracker bug 829

Jon

Offline gordonr

• +0/-0
    • http://www.smeserver.com.au/
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 10:42:43 PM »
Quote from: "jfarschman"

Well, I still haven't figured it out, but I think it has something to do with a script called tnef2mime.  This script converts the Microsoft TNEF into MIME so it can be scanned for viruses.  Nice.

Actually, it converts them to MIME so that people who don't run MS mailers are able to read the attachments. The virus scanner can still scan them without conversion. It is very useful when someone sends you a Word document (or even a plain text document) wrapped up in winmail.dat

Could you raise another bug please? tnef2mime should leave these calendar messages alone. Please attach an unmodified one, and a modified one. Thanks.