Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

email badrcptto

jimgoode

email badrcptto
« on: February 20, 2006, 08:54:49 PM »
After upgrading from 5.5 to 6.0.1-01 I now get a 'badrcptto' message from the server postmaster. Has anyone else encountered this problem. I get this message from two accounts set up for special purposes, i.e., 'support' and 'orders'.

I'm trying to figure out if it's qmail, or possibly Spamassassin, that is causing the message rejection.

Thanks,
Jim

Offline byte

• +2/-0
email badrcptto
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 09:23:30 PM »
I would have done a upgrade from 5.5 to 5.6 then to 6.0.1 as there was big difference's between 5.5 & 5.6...

That's a note for future reference, do you get any errors in the /var/log/messages? or the /var/log/smtp-front/current
--[byte]--

Have you filled in a Bug Report over @ http://bugs.contribs.org ? Please don't wait to be told this way you help us to help you/others - Thanks!

jimgoode

email badrcptto
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 11:34:29 PM »
Ah, I'm getting closer to finding the problem. Yes, I have messages in the /var/log/smtpfront-qmail/current file indicating that the user is the badrcptto list. And, sure enough, when I look in /var/qmail/control/badrcptto I see the user account listed. I vaguely remember a panel somewhere where I indicated that certain accounts should not receive mail. I must have checked these two accounts by mistake. Now, I just need to find that panel.

And, I really did upgrade from 5.5 to 5.6 and then to 6.0.1-01. So far, I've only found about 3 surprises.

Thanks,
Jim

Offline byte

• +2/-0
email badrcptto
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 12:21:48 AM »
you dont have a custom template maybe blocking that do you? have a look in /etc/e-smith/templates-custom/var

I belive its under there in qmail you will need to check as I dont have machine to check, anyway hope it helps
--[byte]--

Have you filled in a Bug Report over @ http://bugs.contribs.org ? Please don't wait to be told this way you help us to help you/others - Thanks!

jimgoode

email badrcptto
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 10:14:27 PM »
The only file I have under var is /etc/e-smith/templates-custom/var/qmail/control/doublebounceto which appears to work.

I have tracked down one peculiar thing. In /etc/e-smith/web/panels/user/cgi-bin I have 14 symbolic links that point to non-existent files. One of them is emailblocking. This link points to ../../../functions/emailblocking. The other bogus links are: antivir, blades, dansguardian, emailretrieval, fictitious, ispconnection, multipop, othermail, password, processmail, usershellaccess, virtualdomains, and webexchanger.

Are these functions that were disabled/removed in the upgrade from 5.6 to 6.0.1-01? I can't find any supporting documentation on how this magic fits together.

Thanks,
Jim

jimgoode

email badrcptto
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2006, 08:48:05 PM »
I found the fix in the SME FAQs under Administration FAQ.

I corrected my problem by running:

# /sbin/e-smith/db accounts setprop username Visible external
# /sbin/e-smith/signal-event email-update

At some time in the past, I had flagged several accounts as internal, only, to try and block some of the spam.

Thanks for everyones help,
Jim