Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

I ruined my "CONSOLE"

Offline AaronG

• +0/-0
    • http://www.healthinc.com.au
I ruined my "CONSOLE"
« on: January 24, 2006, 12:33:33 PM »
Hi Guys,

I was exploring around on a server that I have running SME v7 pre1. I was using MC (Midnight commander) to browse the hard drive structure etc.

I stumbled into the /sbin/e-smith/console-menu-items/ folder where i proceeded to try and look at the contents of some of the files contained within...

now when i am using SSH and type CONSOLE at CLI I get the following error:

Code: [Select]
> [root@smelinux7 e-smith]#
> console
> Can't locate /sbin/e-smith/console-menu-items/View in @INC (@INC contains:                             /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5 /usr/li                            b/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5                            .8.4/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/i386-linux-thr                            ead-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.2/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/                            perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8                            .0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5 /usr/lib/perl5/s                            ite_perl/5.8.4 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8                            .2 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/                            perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi /                            usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.4/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/ven                            dor_perl/5.8.3/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.2/i3                            86-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.1/i386-linux-thread-m                            ulti /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/per                            l5/vendor_perl/5.8.5 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.4 /usr/lib/perl5/vendo                            r_perl/5.8.3 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.2 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5                            .8.1 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl) at /sbin                            /e-smith/console line 2883.
[root@smelinux7 e-smith]#

What have I done?? What does the * mean which is next to a file's name in MC???

Can I fix this?

I was thinking about wiping it and starting with a new install of PRE1... I originally loaded beta8, but subsequent updates have made a few bugs which are yet to be resolved but won't exist if I just install pre1 by it's self. (Long story, I won't go into it)

But anyway? HAve i killed my console???

I have only been working remotely with this server, I can't see the "Console" using SSH, and I think it is highly likely that I won't be able to use the terminal at the server its self.

Thanks in advance

cc_skavenger

I ruined my "CONSOLE"
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 05:15:28 AM »
if logging in via ssh, log in using admin and the password for root and you will get the console.....

Offline AaronG

• +0/-0
    • http://www.healthinc.com.au
I ruined my "CONSOLE"
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 05:18:32 AM »
thanks cc_shavenger.

I have did know about logging in using ADMIN... I get the same error.

I have also got the error when using the actual console (not via ssh)

I have since wiped the server and installed a fresh copy of SMEv7 pre1

Thanks for your reply