Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

$75 bounty for SSL Cert Management Panels

dhardy

« on: January 22, 2006, 10:20:07 PM »
Reading the suggestions board I came across a reply by Charlie Brady suggesting that us non programmers could further the development of SME Server by commisioning the contribs we would like to see.

I don't know if offering bounties is quite the same thing (I am certain that Mr Brady will set me straight if I have misunderstood or taken him out of context). ;-)

However, I have posted on the suggestions forum that I would pay a bounty for panels to ease the management of SSL certificates.

http://forums.contribs.org/index.php?topic=30370.0

I also know that I tend to only read the General and the Experienced User forums on a daily basis so I am cross-posting here to raise the profile of the request.

So, talented people, lend me your skills for rich rewards!  :-D

Thanks

David.[/url]

Offline raem

• +4/-0
Re: $75 bounty for SSL Cert Management Panels
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 07:47:50 AM »
David

> So, talented people, lend me your skills for rich rewards!

Rich rewards ???? Let's be realistic.

How far do you think that $75 will go, it's barely 30 minutes of programming time for someone of Charlie Bradys calibre.

If you are serious about paying for work to be done, why not ask for a quote and if you are happy with the quote then commission the programmer, rather than offering a paltry bounty.

At a (wild) guess there could be 4 or 5 hours work to write that panel from scratch and at US$150/hr that comes out at $750 not $75 !

dhardy

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 03:22:56 PM »
I'm looking for some negotiation here .... you've said it'll take 4 or 5 hours skilled programming, on the other thread Gordonr has suggested 10 or 20 hours of less skilled programming at $40 per hour.

If anyone wants to give me a quote for the work, get in touch. If anyone wants to commit towards a more 'realistic' figure for the bounty then come one in the water's lovely.

I'm happy to increase the bounty within what I can afford (eBay can manage without me for a few months). Lets negotiate!

Regards

David.