Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

[Announce]: Updated sme-antivirus and Clam Antivirus (0.88)

Offline Knuddi

• +0/-0
    • http://www.scanmailx.com
« on: January 09, 2006, 09:52:45 PM »
Clam Antivirus has been updated to version 0.88. The Install script on sme.swerts-knudsen.com will use this new version BUT the sme-antivirus automatic updater which is build into the sme-antivirus version 1.4.5 might not pick this up correctly. In order to get this release and future you shall manually update the sme-antivirus rpm.

# rpm -Uvh http://sme.swerts-knudsen.com/downloads/AntiVirus/sme-antivirus-1.4.6-1.noarch.rpm

Enjoy,
Jesper

Offline Knuddi

• +0/-0
    • http://www.scanmailx.com
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 10:09:48 PM »
When the daily update process has taken place you can get  an error in the admin email notification message stating something like:

package sme-antivirus-1.4.6-1 (which is newer than sme-antivirus-1.4.5-1) is already installed

Please verify on the console which version of Clam has been installed:

# rpm -qa | grep clam

if this is still:
clamav-es-libs-0.87.1-es01
clamav-es-0.87.1-es01

The manually edit then file /home/e-smith/swerts-knudsen and delete the two lines stating:

clamav-es-0.88-es01=rpm|found|1136840357
clamav-es-libs-0.88-es01=rpm|found|1136840357

You can the run the update process manually by issuing:

# /usr/sbin/UCA

Its a llittle painfull when the updater is broken - sorry for that.

Rgds,
Jesper

Offline idyll

• +0/-0
thanks Jesper
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 03:08:52 PM »
For the follow up and commitment.

regards,

patrick

Offline CharlieBrady

• +3/-0
Re: [Announce]: Updated sme-antivirus and Clam Antivirus (0.
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 05:34:24 PM »
Quote from: "Knuddi"
Clam Antivirus has been updated to version 0.88. The Install script on sme.swerts-knudsen.com will use this new version BUT the sme-antivirus automatic updater which is build into the sme-antivirus version 1.4.5 might not pick this up correctly. In order to get this release and future you shall manually update the sme-antivirus rpm.

Hi Jesper,

Have you tested what happens if a user of your contrib upgrades to 7.0? It would be a good idea for you to test that, and report via the bug tracker what happens. I think it's safe to assume that some users will upgrade, and it would be good if there were no bad surprises in wait for them.

Thanks

Offline mike_mattos

• +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 08:27:15 PM »
I received an email notice today that pointed to 3 new rpm's includinf this one.

All seemed to install properly, but I still got an error message a few hours later about a failed update.  However, clam 88 is installed, so I think things are getting better!