Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

SME7 on mac mini

Offline tariqf

• +0/-0
SME7 on mac mini
« on: December 25, 2005, 08:49:27 PM »
I've got a mac mini with centos 4 installed and wonder how "easy" it would be to get the srpms and compile the sme additions on ppc. It would be so cool to get sme running on my little mac!

Has anyone got ayd advice? Am I stupid to think this is even possible without some major graft?

Offline CharlieBrady

• +3/-0
Re: SME7 on mac mini
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2005, 04:36:43 AM »
Quote from: "tariqf"
I've got a mac mini with centos 4 installed and wonder how "easy" it would be to get the srpms and compile the sme additions on ppc. It would be so cool to get sme running on my little mac!

I agree. It would be cool, and I've thought of having a go myself.

Has anyone got ayd advice? Am I stupid to think this is even possible without some major graft?

I think 'major graft' would be reasonable description. Nothing like impossible, but even if you have good experience at rebuilding and modifying RPMs, it'll be a significant task.

If you want to take it on, I'd strongly advise you to join the devinfo mailing list and ask for advice there whenever you hit any obstacles.

Offline tariqf

• +0/-0
sme7 mac mini
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 02:38:20 PM »
Hi CharlieBrady I'd love to take this up but as you have shown it is by no means an easy job. Unfortunately I have no time at the moment to rebuild the rpms etc. so will leave it for now. I will stick to using debian/centos on the mac mini and adding squid/qmail/spamassasin/samba etc. as normal.

Thanks for your reply,

Offline mmccarn

• +10/-0
SME7 on mac mini
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 10:42:41 PM »
Does SME 7 Install on an Intel Mac Mini?

Offline byte

• +2/-0
SME7 on mac mini
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 11:10:09 PM »
Quote from: "mmccarn"
Does SME 7 Install on an Intel Mac Mini?

It should do as it's it would be arch i386/i686, where as the Mac Mini was arch PPC
--[byte]--

Have you filled in a Bug Report over @ http://bugs.contribs.org ? Please don't wait to be told this way you help us to help you/others - Thanks!