Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

testers wanted: htbwondershaper

Offline joel

• +0/-0
Re: testers wanted: htbwondershaper
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2006, 05:02:15 PM »
I have been looking for something like this for some time.  Our main problem is large emails being sent out that just stop all internet traffic.  I installed this script last night.  After modifing the Downlink and Ceil I was able to surf the net while sending out a large email which as previously unheard of.  Thanks for the hard work.

Quote from: "hanscees"

I would like to know:
- Do you understand the script enough to use it?
- Does it work for your situation
- Can you come up with ideas to enhance it?

Please also measure latency (use ping and surf)  while you are downloading/uploading a lot etc.

Hans-Cees

I understand the iptables portion of the script pretty well.  The other portions are new to me.  
It works great.
Ideas...not at this time.

Our ping times range from 21-52ms for major sites.  It is still eratic at times jumping from 100-500ms but surfing is not a problem with these times.  I blame our DSL line for thiese fluctuations.  Later this month we upgrade to Cable.  

Our DSL is 768/128
I set downlink to 700 and ceil to 80.

Thanks again,
Joel

Offline kingjm

• +0/-0
    • www.iking.ca
Voip worse with script
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2006, 06:52:34 AM »
I have sucessfully set up the htbwonderscript (beefed up version) and have set my up and down at 75% of max.

now My Voip is worse.

Unfortunatly I don't understand the rest of the script to change anything.  I will email my Voip provider for information such as ports but don't know if there is anything else that I need to ask.  Please help

Offline Amir Inbar

• +0/-0
    • http://www.sheroot.net
testers wanted: htbwondershaper
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2006, 10:29:35 AM »
Hello to all

I need some help here with the priority system that i don't really understand.

I need to build this script to a general SME7 server that runs on locations that connect to the internet at 2550kbs/256kbs.
I need to reduce the priority of ALL mail traffic - incomming AND outgoing so the rest of the resources will remain free for workstations to surf, external vpn connections to the server from the internet and ftp upload and download.
After playing with the script i couldn't get a good balance btween all the resources consumers and i would like to ask you to help me out here.

The main problem occours when mail is being recieved by the server or sent by it and the same happens when a file is uploaded to the ftp server from the outside.

The basic configuration is server and gateway, workstations connect to the internet through the server and i usually dissable http and smtp proxy to reduce server load.
The server is using dialup to connect to the internet thous it has the external ethernet exposed to the world with the static ip obtained from the ISP.
i did :
Code: [Select]

DOWNLINK=1875
CEIL=180

EXTDEV=eth1
LANDEV=eth0

tc class add dev $EXTDEV parent 1:1 classid 1:10 htb rate $[3*$CEIL/10]kbit ceil $[5*$CEIL/10]kbit prio 0
tc class add dev $EXTDEV parent 1:1 classid 1:11 htb rate $[3*$CEIL/10]kbit ceil ${CEIL}kbit prio 1
tc class add dev $EXTDEV parent 1:1 classid 1:12 htb rate $[2*$CEIL/10]kbit ceil $[8*$CEIL/10]kbit prio 2
#$[8*$CEIL/10] this class is for upload webserver. We set the ceil not at 100% but 80%
tc class add dev $EXTDEV parent 1:1 classid 1:13 htb rate $[2*$CEIL/10]kbit ceil ${CEIL}kbit prio 3
tc qdisc add dev $EXTDEV parent 1:10 handle 100: sfq perturb 10
tc qdisc add dev $EXTDEV parent 1:11 handle 110: sfq perturb 10
tc qdisc add dev $EXTDEV parent 1:12 handle 120: sfq perturb 10
tc qdisc add dev $EXTDEV parent 1:13 handle 130: sfq perturb 10