Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Who is looking after SME Server?!

fargo

« on: October 21, 2005, 09:41:54 PM »
Hi,

I really like SME Server. The problem that prevents me from installing it in my company is the lack of official support. Compared to ClarkConnect or Nitix for example, there is no company standing behind SME Server to offer support and updates. The reason for a small company to think of all-in-one server with GUI is the lack of in-house admin and IT staff. So, in addition to features and reliability, such a company needs to consider after-sale services and support before taking the decision to purchase or adopt a system. And it is this area where SME Server fails.

The main feature I like in SME is i-bays. I’m wondering if there is a commercially supported distro with such a feature?

PS: Mitel does not even have a page for SME in their site!

Offline gregswallow

• +1/-0
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005, 02:30:11 AM »
You won't find much mention of commercial support here as this is website isn't the proper place to advertise your services.  That said, you might post a message saying where you are and how to contact you if you'd like a response from someone.

IMO, the SME Server doesn't require an IT staff.  It just sits there quietly doing its job.

And by the way, Mitel calls their version the "Mitel Managed Application Server", not SME.