Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Asterisk on SME7 (me again)

cyr

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2005, 06:33:25 PM »
ok,

I modified the file /var/www/html/maint/phpMyAdmin/config.inc.php with username asteriskuser and pwd amp109 for access on asterisk and asteriskcdrdb databases

Offline arne

• +0/-4
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2005, 06:55:38 PM »
From root shell:

1. Went into the mysql shell: "mysql"

2. Then set new root password:

"/usr/bin/mysqladmin -u root password newpassword"

4. Edited the file:

/var/www/html/maint/phpMyAdmin/confic.inc.php

for new password.

Were now able to come into the phpmyadmin from the Asterisk shell, but ther is still some red remarks inside about remaining configuration .. Unforunately in norwegian for my PC:

$cfg['PmaAbsoluteUri'] variabelen MÅ være innstilt i din konfigurasjonsfil!
PHP tillegget mbstring ble ikke funnet og det ser ut til at du bruker et flerbyte tegnsett. Uten mbstring-tillegget så kan ikke phpMyAdmin splitte strenger korrekt og dette kan medføre uønskede resultater.

Something about configuration of ['PmaAbsoluteUri']

and "PHP addon mbstring" .. Missing mbstring "addon"  can not use muliple byte character set. Without "mbstring addon" ca not split strings correctely ..

Offline arne

• +0/-4
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2005, 06:57:02 PM »
OK. Did not see your solution. Think that will be bether ..

Offline arne

• +0/-4
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2005, 07:03:42 PM »
Both methods apeared to be equal. (I believe)

My method gave root access to all databases, yours gave access to astersik databases.

But both methods give warning about some aditional configuration ??

Offline arne

• +0/-4
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2005, 07:12:09 PM »
Sat the url to this value:

https://10.0.0.4/maint/phpMyAdmin/

Seems to be working ok.

Still have one error message inside phpmyadmin (Now changed to english):

The mbstring PHP extension was not found and you seem to be using a multibyte charset. Without the mbstring extension phpMyAdmin is unable to split strings correctly and it may result in unexpected results.

Offline arne

• +0/-4
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2005, 07:32:56 PM »
Used this as an refferance:

http://www.computing.net/webdevel/wwwboard/forum/1590.html

Made this command: yum install php-mbstring

Rebooted server.

No error messages left .. I believe ..

Arne.

Offline arne

• +0/-4
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2005, 07:49:40 PM »
Cyr ->

Changed back to root and rootpassword for the phpmyadmin. Now phpmyadmin seems to be working "like normal for the sme server" with full access.

As far as I can see everything is working quite ok just now. Will perform some more testing.

Once more thanks for great work !!  :hammer:

Best regards Arne.

cyr

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2005, 08:54:25 PM »
Hello Arne,

I see that you made a great job for phpmyadmin. I'll integrate the missing package tomorrow, but for the user I think I'll not use root.
I prefer to give limited access from phpmyadmin interface, but people will be able to make their own modifications if they want a full access of their databases.

Can you tell me what you think about this and if other people are reading this, I will be happy to know what they think to.

Best regards,
Cyr

Offline arne

• +0/-4
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2005, 09:52:01 PM »
Hello Cyr,

I agree. I think it will be the right and best solution to let the phpmyadmin by default configuration have access to the asterisk files only.

Then it can be left as an easy modification to the users who want this, to change access level for the phpmyadmin.

If you are running other php/mysql applications on the same server it might be essensial to have mysql root access via phpmyadmin.

The "Centos/SME/Asterisk bundle" now lookes so good and works so well, with those integrated controls, that I can hardly believe that it is true. (I just cross my fingers and hope that it will last ..)

Arne.

Offline arne

• +0/-4
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2005, 09:11:48 AM »
OK .. there is one issue if this installation should run bugfree.

If you go to the Asterisk maintenace menu and klick "web mail" then it comes up with a empty page on this address:

https://10.0.0.4/cgi-bin/nwebmail

I have tried to look into the problem, but I have not found out how this should work ..

cyr

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2005, 10:33:05 AM »
hello Arne,

Yes, this is due to the fact that I remove webmail and crm because we already have a webmail on sme and for the crm I think that if someone want a crm this is not very difficult to make a better install of SUgar or something else equivalent.
But if you want I can reinteger the webmail or smply remove the link.

Cyr

cyr

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2005, 10:55:39 AM »
there is an other issue, the aseriskinfo section cannot return info because the user www have no shell.
I'll have to remove this section too, I think.

Offline arne

• +0/-4
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2005, 03:50:35 PM »
Yes, I think it will be right to remove the extra web mail and the link if it is not needed. The essensial thing, is as I see it, that everything that is there, is working proporly and ok, so there is no dead links or other "visible errors". (Neither hidden errors either of cource.)

I think that the asteriskinfo section can be removed as all the info in that section (I believe) is available via a separate shell logon, and the standard Astersik commands.

cyr

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2005, 04:35:48 PM »
I already remove all deadlinks and add the missing package.

I think that the asteriskinfo section can be removed as all the info in that section (I believe) is available via a separate shell logon, and the standard Astersik commands.

exactly. If you want you can test with the help of this file /var/www/html/maint/asterisk_info.php wich contain all the command used to generate the asterisk info page.

Offline arne

• +0/-4
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2005, 04:46:06 PM »
Nice. Will go home to do some testing  :-)