Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Accessing Server Manager

cousin_IT

Accessing Server Manager
« on: October 12, 2005, 11:22:55 PM »
For some reason I can't access the server-manager. I have a SME 6.5 box with a Smoothwall 2.0 Firewall in front of it. The SME is on the orange network of the smoothwall. I can access my website with no problem and I can FTP into the SME box with no problem. Is there something I am doing wrong? Please help.

Offline jfarschman

• +0/-0
Accessing Server Manager
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 07:41:07 PM »
Cousin,

What happens when you drop the firewall?  Can you connect then.  If so... it's your firewall.  If not it's probably the remote access panel.  Remember you have to give access to outside IPs or they cannot use the GUI.

It cannot be a routing problem because FTP works just fine... so it's either the firewall on the SME or the Smoothwall.

Hope this helps.
Jay Farschman
ICQ - 60448985
jay@hitechsavvy.com

cousin_IT

Accessing Server Manager
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 03:39:12 PM »
I can connect to the machine directly and everything works fine. Any ideas on what to look for in the firewall. Ports that need to be open? etc.

Thanks

Offline jfarschman

• +0/-0
Accessing Server Manager
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 03:47:00 PM »
Cousin,

Do you have your remote IP address range in the "Remote Access" section of server-manager?  By default only local addresses can connect.
Jay Farschman
ICQ - 60448985
jay@hitechsavvy.com

cousin_IT

Accessing Server Manager
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 04:04:09 PM »
Yea, I just checked that. This is weird. I have another setup just like this in another location and it works fine. Same ports open on the firewall. This one has got me stumped.

Thanks